Chapter 9

The ward had been specially remodeled, so the lights were a little dimmer than other places. Huo Yu put the flowers on the coffee table before raising his hand and pushing open another door.

The nurse was feeding Huo Chuan to dinner, when he heard the movement, he raised his eyes: "You are..."

She felt that this person looked a little familiar, as if she had seen it somewhere, and after a while of recognition, she remembered that the person was the eldest grandson of the Huo family who had only shown his face once.

At that time, Huo Yu was much more immature than now, wearing simple jeans and a white shirt, and the side profile was so elegant that people couldn't take their eyes off it.

So she couldn't connect with this young man in front of her with a sense of calmness in every gesture in the first place.

"Eldest Young Master." The nurse quickly stood up, then lowered his head and said to Huo Chuan, "Master, Eldest Young Master has come to see you."

When Huo Chuan heard this, he turned his head slowly, the corner of his mouth still had the soup that had just overflowed, and he was no longer as shrewd as before.

"You go out." Huo Yu said, "I'll come."

"Yes." The nurse put the rest of the meal on the bedside cabinet and walked out without a word.

"Yu...er..." Huo Chuan tremblingly raised his dead branch-like hand from the quilt, looked sideways with his mouth twitching, and squeezed out each word with difficulty, "You..."

Huo Yu stepped forward, held that hand, put it back into the thin quilt, and said softly, "I'm back."

Huo Chuan swallowed, his eyes widened and he stared fixedly at his face. He didn't feel the joy of reunion after a long absence, but seemed sad and wary.

"Why?" Huo Yu looked back at him heavily, then twitched the corners of his mouth and smiled vaguely: "Grandpa doesn't welcome me?"

As he spoke, he held the remaining half bowl of soup in his hand, and stirred it with a spoon with his downcast eyes.

"Can you..." Huo Chuan popped out four words half a year ago, and leaned against the pillow again to gasp.

Huo Yu brought a spoonful of soup to his lips, and Huo Chuan closed his lips tightly, as if he would never open his mouth if he didn't agree to his unfinished request.

Huo Yu looked at him for a moment, then said in a low and indifferent voice, "I can't."

Huo Chuan turned his head abruptly, disregarding that the spoonful of soup was all spilled on his bedding and shoulders, he stared angrily at Huo Yu and remained motionless.

"No." Huo Yu said again. He looked down at the soup slowly leaving dark marks on the snow-white cloth, and a few egg flowers swayed on it. He repeated it again, even with a strong tone in his tone. Malice and schadenfreude.

"You unworthy descendant." Huo Chuan's tone seemed to be the power of an outburst of anger, "I really regret it..."

A severe cough interrupted his words. Huo Yu remained motionless, watching his cheeks and eyes blushing, and then raised one corner of his mouth, and said slowly: "I really regret raising me. Do you really regret not killing me then?"

Seeing that Huo Chuan was about to lose his breath, he still took his time and played with the thin white spoon in that jade-like hand, making a crisp knocking sound, which added a bit of weirdness to the lifeless ward. of freshness and vitality.

"What are you afraid of?" He asked with a smile, those deep eyes are like bottomless black holes, even though the shape is so beautiful, it still makes Huo Chuan feel afraid, "You can tell me slowly what you are afraid of, maybe If I'm in the mood, I'll try to make them all happen."