Chapter 88

The snowflakes outside are getting bigger and bigger. Looking from the huge floor-to-ceiling windows of the hotel, the whole world seems to have become an ink painting, far-reaching and vast.

Half of the city's fireworks are hidden in the flying catkins, which inexplicably brings an unspeakable sense of warmth and joy to people.

"Are you asleep?" Xia Wan's fingertips scratched the glass subconsciously, leaving a shallow water mark.

"Just went to bed." Xia Chengzhang leaned on the head of the bed, raised his hand to cover the quilt on his body, "You are busy with your work, there is no need to call."

Hearing this, Xia Wan couldn't help laughing.

Xia Chengzhang never expressed any objection to returning to the Xue family and getting close to the Xue family.

Perhaps because of the guilt towards Xue's family, he even often encourages Xia Wan to share more of his free time with Xue's family.

However, that was the situation when the father and son got along in private, which was very different from today's situation.

After all, today is the day when Xia Wan officially returns to the Xue family under the attention of everyone. Although he doesn't have time to watch the voices on the Internet, he also knows that the Internet should be filled with scenes of their family loving each other...

In comparison, on such a snowy winter night, Xia Chengzhang's place will look extra cold.

"I just came out of the bathroom," Xia Wan said, and then added, "Just a few words with you."

Xia Chengzhang smiled: "Your Uncle Zhang also called just now, Xiao Zhang is also in the living room at the moment, let her go to sleep and refuse to go, just staring at me."

He paused, then muttered softly: "I'm really fine."

Seeing Xia Wan recognize his relatives, and seeing him receive blessings from all over the world, Xia Chengzhang was really happy in his heart.

However, that joy also contained some unconcealable emptiness and loneliness.

But now, listening to Xia Wan's breathing on the opposite side, the emptiness and loneliness were instantly filled, and only joy remained in his heart.

It couldn't have been a better ending - he didn't have to lose Summer Night.

For him, that's enough.

Perhaps it was because Xia Chengzhang's tone did not show much disappointment, Xia Wan's eyes slowly lit up: "Then go to bed early, Huo Yu and I will go to see you tomorrow."

"Don't run back and forth," Xia Chengzhang said, "You are all tired enough today, you have time to rest."

He also warned: "Don't let Xiaoyu drink so much, I see that many people drink with him on the Internet?"

What Xia Chengzhang was talking about was the photos posted on the Internet from the scene.

Every time he got a new photo, he would subconsciously look for the shadows of Huo Yu and Xia Wan, and in almost every photo where Huo Yu appeared, there were always many people around him.

Xia Chengzhang knew that Huo Yu's status was very high now, but he didn't know how high he was in this Vanity Fair.

But Xia Wan knew about it, so although he felt distressed, he also understood that Huo Yu's drinking must be inevitable.

After all, this was the first time he attended such a large private banquet besides normal business activities after returning to Huo's.

"So obvious?" Xia Wan asked with a smile, "You can see that?"