Chapter 58

Sunlight poured in through the floor-to-ceiling windows, as well as the dense branches and leaves of the tall trees outside the window, reflecting on Huo Yu's slightly raised cheeks with a smile on his face.

His eyes are bright and the corners of his lips are slightly raised. He looks a little dangerous, but his smile is very pure.

It made Aunt Qin think of Huo Yu in childhood or youth.

Squatting on the ground with blades of grass to fight crickets, or taking cool corners on the racetrack to overtime, the kind of people who know they will crush each other, but play others in the palm of their hands with evil intentions, are a little mischievous but Harmless, nasty laugh.

Huo Yu's life has only been twenty-six years.

During these twenty-six years, Aunt Qin spent the most time with him from the time he was born to when his parents had an accident. After that, he was taken into the Huo Pei family. It was not so easy for Aunt Qin to see him, and after that, After an accident, he went abroad to study, during which he rarely returned to China, and they met even less.

But even so, Aunt Qin still clearly sensed the change in his personality.

From a naive child, to a sensitive and thoughtful teenager, to a cold and deep youth...

If it is described by the degree of sunshine, Huo Yu has been slipping into the dark place all the time.

Go calmly and firmly.

It was as if he knew that there was an abyss in front of him, but he never thought of looking back, as if nothing or anyone could make him change his decision.

But today...

The fried eggs on the plate shifted slightly, and Aunt Qin hurriedly put the plate on the dining table.

She quietly turned her back, and unconsciously lifted up the corner of her apron to secretly wipe the corners of her eyes, before interrupting the two of them with a smile: "It's time to eat."

Then he said to Huo Yu: "Master, don't bully Mr. Xiao all the time."

"Hmph!" Xia Wan was backed by someone, and immediately became angry, accusing Huo Yu angrily, "Even others can see that you are bullying me."

Huo Yu looked at him, smiled lightly, and stood up.

But when Xia Wan passed by, he still paused: "But thank you anyway."

"Huh?" Xia Wan turned her head to look at him in surprise, saw Huo Yu's eyes were smiling and looked at him sincerely and said, "Thank you for the bowl of hangover soup you cooked."

Xia Wan opened her mouth, but she didn't say anything for a while, and her previous air quickly dissipated like a balloon that had been pricked by a needle.

"It's nothing," he said, his voice quieter.

Aunt Qin's house is not too far from here, and it's also in the nearby old community, but it's just opposite to Xia Wan's house.

As usual, she didn't dine at Huo Yu's house. Seeing the two of them seated, she went back to the kitchen to clean up, and went home to have dinner with her wife.

"Young master." Xia Wan took a sip of the eight-treasure rice cereal and asked vaguely, "Did you ask Uncle Xue and Aunt Wen to meet today?"

Huo Yu paused for a moment with the hand holding the table knife, raised his eyelids to look at him, and responded lightly: "En."

He asked again, "Who did you hear that from?"

"Aunt Wen called me this morning." Now that he mentioned it, Xia Wan didn't hesitate any longer. He continued without hesitation, and asked again, "Can I go with you?"