Chapter 32 The Eldest Young Master is the Best

After sending Huo Yu away and returning upstairs again, Xia Chengzhang was already waiting in the living room.

"Yo," Xia Wan laughed, "You haven't been secretly watching our movements, have you?"

With a smile in his eyes, Xia Chengzhang neither admitted nor denied,

Instead, he said with satisfaction: "Xiao Yu is a good kid, mature and stable, and the most important thing is to treat you well."

"But just met once, you can see that he treats me well?"

"Dad has watched people all his life," Xia Chengzhang said affirmatively, "I can't make a mistake."

Xia Wan pursed her lips and smiled, thinking, you've misread it right now.

But not only did he not point it out, but he proudly raised his head: "Of course, you don't care who chose this person."

Xia Chengzhang was amused by him, and scolded: "I don't know how to be ashamed."

"Dad," the atmosphere was relaxed and cheerful, Xia Wan took the opportunity to shake Xia Chengzhang's hand, "I'm going to have surgery on Monday, are you afraid?"

"It's nothing to be afraid of." Xia Chengzhang said, "I don't know how much I wish for an earlier operation."

"Yeah." Xia Wan nodded.

Seeing his serious expression, Xia Chengzhang patted the back of his hand reassuringly: "Dad has lived to this age, and he is no longer afraid of anything."

"You are not very old." Xia Wan said softly.

"Everything is based on comparison," Xia Chengzhang smiled, and then the smile faded again, "I think back then, when something happened to my legs, I really felt that I couldn't live."

At that time, he was still young, a top student in the architecture department of a prestigious university, and he had just founded an architectural design company with his most trusted relatives and friends...

This was the most energetic time, but an accident completely smashed him into the dust.

Xia Chengzhang couldn't help feeling a little emotional.

Although eighteen years have passed, when he thinks of the past, the circles of his eyes are still slightly red unconsciously.

Xia Wan pursed her lips uncomfortably, her eyes fell on Xia Chengzhang's drooping trousers.

Over the years, this was the first time Xia Chengzhang took the initiative to bring up the accident.

When he was a child, the original owner also asked, but Xia Chengzhang never answered directly, and every time he was dismissed with an "accident".

Later, as the child grew up, he gradually realized that as long as the accident was mentioned, Xia Chengzhang would feel sad.

Over time, this matter was never mentioned again.

"It's all over." Xia Chengzhang said, a little smile appeared on the corner of his mouth, and he said with emotion, "Fortunately, you are by Dad's side."

"It's also fortunate that you have been with me all the time," Xia Wan unconsciously squeezed Xia Chengzhang's hand, "otherwise I don't know what my life will be like."

For so many years, father and son depended on each other for life. Although life was not easy, Xia Chengzhang never made Xia Wan suffer.

So much so that his hands were white and tender, not like a child from this kind of family at all.