Chapter Three

"Harley. What the fuck happened back there?!" Sparks keeps asking you over and over and you can't reply. You just have this blank stare. You're jaded and still can't process what just happened. Sparks and the other two guys walk you over to your cot. You hear 305 say that he was going to get the med kit. As Sparks helps you sit down on the cot, you lose it. You bawl your eyes out.

Immediately, Sparks grabs ahold of you and holds you tight. He doesn't say anything. Nothing needed to be said. You scream and just let out all the aggression and pent-up anger. You needed this release. 305 comes over to you with the med kit. Sparks lets you go so 305 can examines your cuts.

"I think you can get away without stitches. If it doesn't heal properly, I may have to put a few on your right side" he says. "Now this is going to sting, but I have to put alcohol on them".

You nod your head and hiss whenever the wet gauze hits your skin.

"Harley, eventually you are going to have to tell us what happened" Sparks kept on.

You held your hand up to stop him from speaking anymore. "Sparks, I know; but right now, is not the time. I will speak about it, but I will do it when I feel like it".

Sparks nods his head and tells you he understands. After 305 gets done with what feels like burning your neck off, he applies a thick amount of triple antibiotic ointment and bandages your cuts.

"You going to be okay boss?" 305 asks.

You give a chuckle, "Yeah. I have my moments, but I'll be okay."

"You're the toughest bitch I know" 287 chimes in. You chuckle at that comment, but he isn't wrong. You have been through hell and here you are still standing. You look back towards the hallway and remember that you still have Ghost back there. You stand up and make your way towards the metal door.

"Harley, I don't thin-"

Sparks tries to speak, but you hold your hand up to silence him. You look back at him and give a reassuring look of you got this. The walk down the hallway seemed like it was longer than normal. Probably because you were dreading going back into this room. The mind can be a bitch.

You open the door and immediately see Spig's body still lying there. You look at Ghost and still see him sitting in the chair. In the same position. You close the door behind you and just stand there for a moment. Taking in a deep breath. You finally muster up the courage to walk over to Spig's body to pick up the knife that had fallen out of his hand when you shot him. You bend down only to realize that the knife is gone. Your breathing stopped and all blood drained from your face, but you didn't move. You held your breath to listen for any movement from Ghost. You tried not to make it too obvious, so you stood back up and acted like everything is okay.

Once you stood up, you turned and headed towards the metal door. You knew you weren't safe here. As you reached for the handle, you heard the chair Ghost was sitting in slide back and before your hand could touch the handle, he had you pinned against the wall. Your breathing hitched and your fight or flight kicked in. You tried to break away his hand from around your throat, but he was too strong. You were in a weakened state, and he knew it. He was smart.

"The infamous Harley" he says in that low Brit accent. "We can do this the easy way, or" he holds the knife up and twirls it between his finger, "we can do it my way". You knew under the mask he was enjoying this far too much. There was no way that you could outmatch Ghost Riley. Ghost was a strong, muscular, tall man and here you were this fit petite blonde woman. You knew how to fight, but you also knew when you couldn't match your opponent. This was one of those times.

You don't respond to him. "It sucks when you're one the other side of the fucking stick, doesn't it?" He asks mocking you.

You roll your eyes and immediately regret it. He squeezes your neck harder cutting off your airway. Your head is starting to feel tight, and your vision is getting blurry. Just when you think you are about to pass out from lack of oxygen, all senses come back to you when he plunges the knife into your thigh. He releases your neck and before you can scream, he covers your mouth with his gloved hand, muffling your screams. He forces your head back into the wall while he leaves the knife in your thigh.

"What did you want with me?" he asks in a stern tone. Tears streamed down your face and before you could answer, he flicked the butt end of the knife causing it to move back and forth, still in your leg. He holds your mouth tighter still muffling your screams. Your hand tries to go for the knife, but he uses his other hand to pin it above your head. You had to admit it, he was good.

"Don't make me ask you again" he threatened.

He stares into your soul, and you stare back with tear filled eyes. You knew what his look meant. Cooperate or else. He slowly removes his hand from your mouth, but his other hand still held your arm above your head. It took you a minute and right when you were about to speak, he takes the knife and twists it. His hand immediately went right back to cover your mouth. Your other hand grabbed onto his arm and squeezed. He was strong and you were playing with fire.

You kept a tight grip on what seemed like his iron arm and once he felt you release, he removed his hand from your mouth.

"I- A fe-" you try to muster out. "Can you please take this fucking knife out of me?!" You demand.

He grabs ahold of your throat again and leans in close, "Talk to me like that again and I will cut your whole fucking leg off with that knife. And trust me love, I will take my time".

You knew he meant it. Ghost may be a lot of things, but showing mercy and bluffing was not one of them. "A few years ago, your unit came to my home and killed my family. You slaughtered them in front of me and left me alive" you tell him. Tears continued to come down your face. Mostly from the pain in your thigh from the fucking knife, but it still hurts to think about the tragedy you went through.

"Who were your parents?" he asks.

You snort, "What you don't recognize me?" you ask sarcastically.

He reaches down towards the knife. "No! No! Im sorry!" you plead out. He drops your arm and covers your mouth again. He twists the knife again and this time he pulls it out. Your thigh making a squishing sound as the blade leaves you. As you scream, Ghost puts the knife in the back pocket of his cargo pants. He takes his thumb and places it at the cut on your thigh. You shake your head back and forth and your eyes grow wide knowing what was about to come.

"Traywick" you say over and over muffled by his gloved hand. Ghost removed his hand from your thigh and slowly removed it from your mouth.

"Traywick? As in Traywick database?" he asks as he narrows his eyes at you.

You nod your head. You couldn't speak. This man just broke you and nobody has ever been able to do that. Nobody.

"Harley, that wasn't unit 141."

You look up at him confused.

"We dealt with Traywick and they were very reliable to us, but we didn't execute your family. Trinity was behind that."