Chapter Nine

You made your way downstairs and into the kitchen. You went to the refrigerator to get you a bottle of water. When you shut the refrigerator door, you seen Soap standing there waiting for you.

"Could you not be an even bigger creep?" you say letting out a laugh.

He smirks at you. "You're really dressed for activities, huh?" he says eyeing you.

You felt your face start to heat up. "So where is this training supposed to take place?" you ask rolling your eyes and changing the subject.

"Follow me" he says. You follow him out the kitchen and keep walking straight. You walk past the living room and straight ahead to a door. He opens the door and starts walking down steps. Once you reach the bottom of the steps, you look around. This fucking place was huge. There was an armory, tons of ammunition and guns, tactical gear, a damn shooting range, a fucking bar and a fighting pad. There were chairs lined up around the fighting pad. It wasn't anything glorious, just a huge blue mat that was maybe two inches thick that covered a large section of the floor of the basement.

The first person to notice you was the guy who let everyone know that the crates had arrived. He gets up from his chair and makes his way towards you. You take note of the glass of brown liquid in his cup.

"I'm Gaz" he says. He was definitely drinking because the alcohol just punched you in the face.

"I'm Harley" you reply to him.

"Oh, I know" he says letting out a laugh, "I've heard quite a bit about you. I can't wait to see what you got to bring to the table". And with that, he gives you a smile and walks back over to his chair and sits down. There was metal music playing and it was one of your favorite bands - Five Finger Death Punch.

While your eyes scanned the new territory, they couldn't help but fall on a familiar presence. Ghost. Your eyes catch his. He's sitting secluded from everyone, but still in the same position. Knees spread wide and eyes piercing through you.

"Don't be a stranger. Let's see what the Reaper is all about!" you hear Soap shout. Price and Gaz hold their drinks in the air to salute you. You start making your way to the pad. Ghost stands up and steps onto the mat. Your heart rate picked up. He was huge and there was that fucking feeling in your stomach again. You step on the mat and head towards Ghost. This man had to be at least 6'2 and here you were a whopping 5'3.

"You going to take that mask off, or will I have to do it for you?" you ask him, flashing him a daring smirk.

Price lets loose a deep laugh. Ghost narrows his eyes at you. You carefully watch him. Trying to figure out his rhythm. His flow and how he operates. He takes one step to the right and so do you mirroring his footwork. Your eyes remain locked on to his and not wanting to look away at a distraction. You both continue this waltz around the pad for a few more seconds before he quickly throws his right arm at you with a balled-up fist. You quickly rear back and squat down, kick out your right leg and swipe it towards his. Ghost stumbles back and you take your left leg and kick him in the stomach. Ghost falls back and you waste no time hooking one of his knives out of his pants and quickly straddling him as he lands on his back. You take your left hand and wrap it around his throat, while your right hand twirls the knife, so you have better control over it and presses it against his throat.

Ghost is piercing up at you with a look in his eyes that you can't quite read.

"Goddamn" you hear Gaz say under his breath. You sit there on stop of Ghost with both of your legs on either side of him waiting for his next move. Finally, you see his eyes squint and you knew he was grinning us mask. He let out deep growl and before you knew it, he flipped you over on your back and him between your legs. You still had the knife in your hand, but he took is right hand and manipulated yours, so the knife was still in your hand, but you were holding it at your own throat. He places his left hand a little over your head, so his body was hovering above yours.

He leaned down close to your ear, "Nice try little mouse." Your breath hitched and you could smell the whisky on his breath. Something warm burned deep inside of you. You thought of a million ways in a matter of seconds to get out of this and not embarrass yourself. A part of you hated how cocky you were just a moment ago because here you are again, getting put in your place by him.

You quickly wrap your lags around his waist and heard a faint growl come from his throat. You swallowed hard and squeezed your legs as hard as you could hoping the pressure would force him to let his grip lose on your right hand. You felt yourself being picked up and unwrapped your legs from his waist. You drew back your right leg and kicked Ghost in his left thigh where you stabbed him the first time you met each other.

Ghost drops you and falls to his knees and you can hear him seething through his teeth. You go to pull your leg back again to kick him in the chest and you grabs your ankle. 'Oh shit' you thought. He pulls you to him roughly and grabs you by your right arm. Your grip lets loose on the knife and you drop it. He pulls you to him, turning you in the process. He wraps his right arm around your throat and his left hand braces his right arm. He has you in a chokehold. To make matters worse, he leans back and has you flush with him. Your ass sitting perfect against him.

You take your right arm and draw back to elbow him in the ribs. You made contact but he acts like it doesn't affect him. You do this a few more time and nothing is working. Your head is feeling tight, and your vision is becoming blurry.

"Ghost" you barely hear Soap say. "Ghost!"

He releases you and you go to fall forward. His right-hand cups under your chin and he brings you back to him. Your head is pushed back against him, causing your back to arch and your ass to dig deeper into him. The air was still, and nobody said anything. You don't even think anyone was breathing.

He loosens his grip on you, and you fall forward catching yourself on your hands, coughing. Your ass is still pressed into him. You stayed there for a few more seconds dropping your head. You bring your right leg up and go to kick him in the balls. He catches your ankle again, knowing what your intentions were. You quickly take your left leg and hook it into his neck and force him on the pad. You turn your body and wrap your thighs around his neck. He tries to pry your legs apart, but they were strong.

He reaches up to try and get you in the thigh at your wound but you grabbed his arm and pulled it towards you and held it in place.

You reached down with your other hand and hooked your finger under his mask and attempted to pull it up. Ghost immediately grabbed your wrist and held you in place. You could feel the grip on your wrist becoming tighter and felt like your wrist was about to break.

"You asked for that one darling" you heard Price warn.

You weren't going to give up. You both stayed there for what felt like forever. Both of you not moving and both of you not quitting. After a few more seconds, you felt Ghost double tap your shoulder with the arm you brought up to you. You immediately let go and collapsed on the pad with your chest heaving up and down.

"Reaper has balls" you hear Soap tell Price and Gaz. 'You goddamn right' you thought.

Ghost picked himself up and walked off the pad and headed towards the bar. You still laid there on your back watching him pick up two glasses and pour whiskey in both. He closed the bottle and walked back over to you and held one of the glasses out. You prop yourself up on your left elbow and grab the glass with your right hand.

He takes a swig of whiskey and walks off. You sit up and throw the shot back.

"And she can drink!" you hear Soap yell. Gaz and Price both laugh.

You pick yourself off the mat and stand up. "Okay, so who's next?" you say while letting out a small laugh.

"Now, we see what you can do with a gun and a knife" Price tells you.