Chapter Thirty Eight

**Ghost's POV**

Loud banging on my door woke me up. I cursed and threatened whoever's life it was under my breath as I made my way to the door. I look in the circular peep hole and see two men – tall men dressed in black suits. I unlock the door and crack the door open – my hand on my knife in my pocket in case these bastards wanted to try something.

"Mr. Mercer," the one to my right says. "Mr. Gravely asked me to come escort you to our location for your," he pauses, "Package."

How the fuck did they find me? I eye both of these tall guards. "How did you find me?" I ask in a low tone.

The guards look at each other and then back to me, "Trackers on all of our cars. The SUV stopped in front of this hotel and then left."

I was relieved when I thought back about Price telling me that the SUV should pick me up at the base and I objected. "Let me go and grab my things and I will be right down," I tell these two jackasses. I just wanted to ask out right where the fuck Harley was, but I knew I had to wait – even if my patience was wearing thin.

The guard on the left gave me a nod before they both turned around and left. I waited until the door shut completely and locked in place before walking over to my bed and grabbing the few things I had taken out of my pockets.

I hid the knife I had taken out back into the side of my pants. "I think were going to wherever he's keeping her," I whisper out – not wanting to speak too loud in case the guards came back.

"Lets hope its her LT," Soap replies back to me.

I take in a deep breath and then exhale, "Lets hope."

After getting everything on me situated, I decided it was time to head downstairs to the two guards then to get my girl.

A different woman was working the receptionist desk when I walked back down – handing over my two keycards and checking out. The woman was an older woman and looked to be a bit frightened by the two men that were standing by the door. This must not be a regular thing for her, or she may know exactly who they are or who they work for.

I gave the woman a slight nod before walking away and walking towards the two guards. I couldn't see her, but I felt the woman's gaze in the back of my head. I step outside and another black SUV, like the one last night is parked out front. One of the guards opens the back door and holds it open for me – motioning with his hand for me to get inside.

I walk over and climb inside the SUV and the guard shuts the door. I look up and see Nik driving. We lock eyes for just a moment before I divert them out my window – not wanting to make it obvious that we know each other. The guard that held the door open for me climbed into the passenger seat and the other guard walked around and sat in the other seat beside me – behind the driver, Nik.

"Before me move and head that way, Mr. Gravely asked that you go ahead and pay half up front," the guard in front of me said.

"Of course," I reply back hoping like hell Price heard me. "Just let me know when you are ready and I will give you my routing number," I say to kill a few seconds.

"Ready," he replies. I roll my eyes – of course he is. Price rings in through my ear and I relay the message to the guard up front. "It went through," he says nodding his head.

"Good," I say nodding back. I adjusted myself in my seat and the SUV took off. The route we were starting to take was looking familiar to the route the driver took on the way to the hotel last night – just backwards.

I refrain from speaking and taking in everything around me. 'Patience Simon' I keep telling myself. I looked out the window to see if I could spot any of the guys, and thankfully I cant. If I can, I'm sure that Michael's men can too. It also means I didn't train them well enough for their sniper positions – excluding Alejandros men.

The SUV stopped in front of the same building the trades took place last night. The guard in front of me in the passenger seat gets out and opens my door. I slowly get out, looking at this man confused.

"Mr. Gravely didn't want you to travel such a ways since you were spending such a great amount of money on your purchase," he says with a smile.

I narrow my eyes at him slightly, just enough so it doesn't seem like I'm calling his bluff. "That is very kind of him. Please send my thanks," I reply back. I keep forgetting how good I am at bullshitting with people.

The guard reaches his hand out to his side, "Thank him yourself," he tells me as he turns his head in the same direction as his outstretched arm.

I look when I see a figure in my peripheral.

Michael.

"Mr. Mercer," he says as he walks up to me. The tone of his voice rather cheery. "I have the perfect girl for you."

Anxiety filled the depths of my soul once again as I could feel her here. It was something I couldn't quite explain, but I just knew. It was like Harley and I had this secret connection that I could just feel all of a sudden.

"Please, don't keep me waiting," I say back with a toothy grin. The two guards and Nik walk behind us as Michael walks beside me but leading the way at the same time.

This place was eerie without it filled with people – and quiet. Too quiet. It was almost as if the sins of everyone had been washed away and the demons they rid themselves of were trapped here. The air was heavy and heart wouldn't stop beating against my chest. I was ready.

Michael led me back into the same room I was in before as I carefully sat down in the leather chair once again. He stepped out, shutting the door quietly. My fingers rubbed against the indentions I had put in just the day prior as I had to watch poor girls get sold off like a charity event.

My room was dark, except for the dim light above me. I couldn't see the platform in front of me or anything of that matter. Just a black void.

"Mr. Mercer, would you like a drink?" Michael's voice boomed throughout my room.

"No thank you," I answer back.

He doesn't answer back and the more he prolonged this, the antsier I got. After a few minutes, I rested my head on the back of the chair and stare at the ceiling. I didn't say anything, but my thoughts sure did. I kept praying to whoever would listen to let it be her. Let her be safe and to let our child be safe. I just wanted her back in my arms where she felt safe, and I would kill anyone that tried to stop that.

A bright light filled my room and when I jerked my head up, the platform was now illuminated. I watch as Michael walks across and then disappears.

Seconds felt like hours and minutes felt like an eternity as I watched for any sign of movement. I held my breath so I could hear better, yet I couldn't hear anything.

"Mr. Mercer, I hope you're ready." I wanted to roll my eyes so bad from his arrogance. What's sickening is he got off on this. Auctioning off girls and thinking it's like a game, but I had to keep reminding myself to keep my cool.

I don't respond as I am now on the edge of my seat when I see him walking and a girl with a black bag over her head. He has a tight grip on her arm, but this one is different. She's not stumbling and doesn't appear to be drugged. From the looks of it, she's wearing only a black oversized t shirt that goes to her mid thighs.

Michael looks over to my window and gives me a smirk before slowly pulling off the black bag. With each inch that revealed more of her face, the louder my heart beated.

He finally removed the bag fully and when he grabbed her by her chin and forced her to look in my direction, my heart dropped from my chest.