Chapter Fifty

Darkness. It surrounded you once again, but this time was different. It was peaceful – like a calm shore. You walked around this empty room surrounded by a never-ending void, but you didn't feel scared. You felt tranquil. The usual rapid beating of your heart wasn't there like it normally was – it was hollow. You pressed your hand to your chest and felt nothing. No emotions. Nothing.

Beeping and muffled chatter could be heard in the distance, but there wasn't any sign of life near you. No imagery that usually plays when you're in this realm. You stopped breathing for a second to see if you could make out who and what they were saying.

"Time of death, 9:47pm."

Time of death?? The hairs on the back of your neck stood up. You freeze where you're standing and scan the darkness ahead of you. No light. Nothing to illuminate not even the slightest bit of hope.

"Mr. Riley calm down!"

You heard what sounded like furniture being rearranged and yelling. Ghost. Panic started to set in once you realized this wasn't you being trapped in your head, but rather your soul trapped inside your body. You, Harley Traywick were dead.

"Someone needs to get him out of here!"

Your breathing picked up and out of curiosity, you slapped yourself in the face to try and wake yourself up from this nightmare. This couldn't be happening. The baby! Did he make it?! Is he okay?! He'd have to right...since he isn't here with you?? Or maybe he's in his own dark void???

"This is Dr. Garcia requesting immediate forces to remove a hostile individual."

You sprinted off in whatever direction you were facing and ran to try and find the end of this place. You listened to the commotion in the other world and not once did you hear the sweet cries of your child.

"I need her! Let me go!" Hearing those words choke out of him brought you to your knees. It was getting harder to breathe and your chest felt like a ton of bricks were laying on top of you. "Please!" you yell out. "Please bring me back!" You plead out to whoever will listen and hope for a miracle.

"I can't lose anyone else!"

"Theres too much fluid in the baby's lungs." You shake your head rapidly from those words. No. He had to be alive. A loud roar caused you to jump, and you knew that Ghost was losing it. You covered your ears so you wouldn't have to hear the hurt coming from him. It was too much for you to bear.

"I swear to fucking God, I'm going to ki-" And just like that, Ghost stopped talking. Your eyes started scanning around you instantaneously thinking you were no longer allowed to hear anything else from the outside world.

You throw your head back and close your eyes as tears spilled down the side of your face and into your hair, "Please God. Please bring me back. I don't know what I have done to deserve this, but they don't deserve to live their lives mourning over me. I'm begging you. Please!" you sobbed out.

Silence.

There wasn't a response. It was just darkness. You couldn't understand why you were being punished. Was this Hell? Was this because you killed people? You couldn't comprehend it and for the first time in your life, you just wanted it all to end.

A small cough perked your ears as the tears streamed down your face followed by the sound of a faint crying. You choked out a cry as a smile appeared on your face. He was alive! The air around you shifted and out of the corner of your eye, you see a small white light. Without any hesitation, you run at full speed towards the light without giving a damn what may be on the other side.