Chapter Thirty Five

**Ghost's POV**

"Nik"

Nikolai was our helicopter pilot and has assisted us on prior missions, but decided he wanted to lay low for a while and take the easy road. At this point, I didn't care who the fuck they picked to go in there, as long as I could get my girl back. I was getting anxious and the rage that was fueled deep in me was getting harder to maintain. I look over to Soap who is looking at me with heavy eyes. I hate it for him. I know he wants to find Harley as much as I do, and I know that he wont stop until he does.

Soap gives me a warm smile and I give a slight nod in return – reassuring him that I'm okay and that we will find her soon. Nobody knows anything about the relationship between me, Harley and Soap and Id like to keep it that way. My patience is thin enough, it would take some slick ass opinionated comment and I would send that person to meet whatever maker they came from.

"Nik should be here within the next few hours," Price addressed the whole unit.

"Captain," Gaz said, "You said they were hosting something tomorrow night. Wont it look a little suspicious that someone is trying to get in at the last minute?"

He has a point. I look around the room to scan everyone to see their body language, "That's how these things are done amigo," Rudy says. His voice to me is like nails on a chalkboard now. I understand that it wasn't entirely his fault, but the motherfucker could and should have said something. Regardless, a part of me still blames him.

"Si," Alejandro agreed. "They like for it to be last minute so that way there are no questions asked. So, this is actually perfect timing."

Perfect. Maybe everything is working out for the best since shit has gone south here lately.

Price clears his throat, "So, Simon you will go in as a bidder and possible buyer. Nik will be on the inside as a guard looking around and giving us updates is he sees Harley. Gaz, Rudy and Alejandro, Soap and I will be outside surrounding the building. Laswell will be our eyes in the sky. Any questions?" he asked.

Nobody said anything, "Good," he proceeds, "Simon, once you're inside, we need you to communicate what you see. If," he pauses and sighs, "If you see her, you can not take lethal action." I ball my fists tight and clench my jaw even harder, "If she is being bidded on, be the highest bidder." Price takes note of my demeanor, "Son, I know its going to be hard, but there are other people, children even who don't need to get hurt."

The fucked up side of me didn't give a damn. Fuck them other people – I just want her back, but when I signed up for this job years ago, I knew there would be sacrifices that I would have to make. "I'll do it," I tell him, "But that doesn't mean I like it."

Price grabs a cigar from his vest and lights it. The greyish white smoke lingering in the air with each puff, "That's the spirit," he says as he points the cigar at me. "Soap, cut the lights for me please," Price asks. Soap gets up and cuts the lights off. For a partial second, we were all surrounded by darkness, the one thing I have always welcomed. Seconds later, the room lit up from the projector as a map appeared on the white wall behind Price.

"This is the building where the trades will take place," he says as he circles the building with his fingers holding the cigar. "Soap, you will be at the highest building over here keeping watch. Since Simon is going in, I need you on the sniper." Soap nods his head. I've never minded Price calling me by my name. He was like the father I always wanted, but never had. Anyone else saying my true name never lived long enough to take credit for, except for one other – Harley fucking Traywick. Now when my name gets said, it's like a shot in the heart.