Chapter Twenty Eight

The night was young by the time everyone had finished their food – laughing and swapping stories on their missions they had done in the past. Ghost even chimed in a few times, shocking everyone with this new outspoken persona. Alejandro and Rodolfo told you both time and time again how happy they were for you both. You couldn't help but feel warm inside from the compliments – especially when Ghost would pull you in and give you a kiss on top of your head through his mask.

The cafeteria room cleared out and Price had asked for Ghost to follow him. You assumed it was about the mission, but figured he would tell you later what it was about – or Price would regroup everyone and let us know our next move. Soap and you were left, straggling behind as you watched everyone linger out. It was nice, the quietness.

"So, Lass," he turns to you and says.

You turn to him with heavy eyes as this tired feeling has just settled in on you. "Mhm," you hum out.

"I never thanked you for saving me," he says as he slides closer to you. Your lids were becoming heavy. Between the alcohol making your body warm and the fresh food on your stomach, sleep was calling you early tonight.

"Saving you? When?" you furrow your brows as you finally look at him.

"That day you decided to go rogue, and I thought LT was going to kill you," he chuckled.

Your eyes slowly scanned the room trying to remember, "Oh shit Soap, that was over a month ago," you let out a soft laugh. "No need to thank me. I wasn't going to just leave you there."

Soap takes note of your eye lids becoming heavy, "So you do care about me?" he jokes as he places his hand over his heart.

You roll your eyes and snort as you hit him on his shoulder, "Maybe I should have left your arrogant ass," you joke back.

"And here I was thinking you liked me," he pauses with a smile, "You had me fooled Lass. You had me fooled."

You roll your eyes still smiling, "In your dreams Soap."

"Call me Johnny," he says looking into your eyes.

Your smile slowly disappears, "What?" you ask softly.

"Call me Johnny," he repeats.

You jerk your head back a little and stare back into his blue eyes the best you could. Whatever was in those drinks, was knocking you on your ass, "Why?" you ask.

"Harley, you okay?" Soap asks ignoring your question. You nod slowly, "Here, let me help you up." Soap stands up and reaches his hand out to you, looking concerned. You grab his hand and Soap carefully pulls you up. You stand up and fall into his arms, your head pressing against his chest. He catches you and quickly slides the hair out of your face to pull your eye lids back.

"Fuck," he says to himself as he picks you up bridal style. Your head rested in the crook of his neck as sweat started to bead at your forehead. He rushed out of the cafeteria with you in his arms, "Ghost!" Soap yelled.

He ran to where he knew Price and Ghost were with you in his arms. The color of your face was draining into this whitish grey color as your skin became clammy. "Ghost!" Soap yelled again. A door to the right jerked open and Ghost peeked his head out. Soap could tell he was interrupting something important as Ghost glared daggers at him.

"Ghost! Its Harley!" Ghost's expression changed drastically to a concerned masked man. His eyes said it all.

"What the fuck happened?!" Ghost yelled as he ran towards Soap.