Chapter Twelve

You woke up to the sound of an alarm going off. Your heart races at the sudden need to get up. You see everyone putting on their gear and the back ramp of the plan lowering. Your eyes grow wide and realize the only way out is jumping out of this damn plane.

"You didn't tell me we were literally dropping in!" you yell at Ghost over the noise of everything.

"Didn't know I had to" he replied dryly. You roll your eyes as he shoves your parachute harness towards you. You snatch it out of his hands giving back the attitude he gave to you. You put your arms and legs through the loops and tightened the straps.

"Make sure they are tight. Don't need you fucking everything up" Ghost tells you. You stare at him with hate in your eyes. He steps in front of you and grabs the straps between your legs.

You swat at him, "What the fuck are you doing?!"

He pulls the straps even tighter and growls in the process. "Saving your life sergeant."

"I don't need your saving" you reply. He continues to glare down at you while you stare up at him. Neither of you breaking eye contact.

"Are you two going to keep going back and forth or do we have a mission to do?" Price yells at you both. It was obvious there was frustration in his voice.

Without breaking eye contact from Ghost, you reply to your Captain, "We have a mission, sir".

Ghost rolls his eyes and walks away from you. You grin to yourself knowing that you won yet again.

A loud voice came through the plane, "Where over Lacandon Jungle. Proceed with infill." You assumed it was one of the pilots. You look around. Gaz and Soap's faces were beaming. Like they lived off this shit. You had jumped out of planes before, but it wasn't your favorite thing.

"Ghost" Price calls out.

"Yes Captain"

"You, Harley, Soap and Gaz are going to drop down. I'm going to stay up here and be the eyes in the sky. Let me know when you're ready to exfil and we'll come pick you up" he tells Ghost.

"Yes sir" Ghost replied.

The ramp is opened all the way. Soap is the first to jump and walks backwards down the ramp, salutes, and jumps off. Gaz sprints towards the ramp and does a front flip, then disappears. It was just you and Ghost left.

"Are you going to jump, or do I have to make you?" Ghost says frustrated. You close your eyes and shake your head letting him know you were trying to be the bigger person. You open your eyes and run towards the ramp. You hear footsteps behind you and notice that Ghost is following close. You take your last step and look down at God's green earth.

It was always such a beautiful experience to see everything from this high up, but you had to remind yourself that you were human and not a fucking bird. All of you descended towards the ground and deploying your parachutes when you reached the right altitude. Parachuting into a jungle was a headache because you had to watch out for trees and shit.

All of you made your way safely to the ground and removed the parachute harness, letting it drop to the ground.

"Which way Lieutenant?" Soap asks.

"Four clicks north" he replies.

This was the first time you got to see 141 in action, excluding Price. You had heard many stories about these Godly men, but now you get to see how accurate it really is – and they get to see who the fuck Reaper is. Everyone crouches down, walking slowly trying not to make any distractions. Soap, Gaz and Ghost all had their ARs aimed, ready to shoot.