Chapter Fifteen

You woke up to a quiet house and the moonlight coming through the windows, unknowing the time. You get out of bed and make your way downstairs. The cool breeze in the house made goosebumps raise on your body - hoping no one was awake since you were just in a pair of your cheeky panties and Ghosts black shirt. You make your way into the kitchen to get yourself a glass of water. The clock on the stove read 0236. The thought of the piano invaded your mind and since you were awake, you headed downstairs.

               Quietly making your way down the steps, you look around the room to see if anyone was down there. After scanning the room, you take a few steps back up to shut the door - not wanting to wake anyone and them hear you. The wood steps creak as you make your way down them. The air was still light and the temperature just a tad bit cooler. You walk over to the piano, set the lamp down and remove the sheet. Dust flies off the sheet and the gloss of the piano shines in the light.

               You walk to the front of it, pull out the bench seat and sit down. Memories flood your mind of you playing the piano - you and your mom singing songs as you played. A gentle smile formed on your face and once your hands touched the lid to lift up and expose the keys, a warm familiar feeling warmed your body. Gently opening the lid, you lightly ran your fingers along the keys, not pressing them just yet to make a sound. You roll your neck to ease tension.

               Your eyes close and you place both of your hands on the keys, gently pressing down and making the piano come to life. The room filled with an alto tone as you felt the piano vibrate from the sweet chords that were played. One song came to mind that you played quite frequently after your heartbreak. You repositioned your fingers, closed your eyes and let the music take you. As soon as your fingers hit the keys, your voice came to life.

"Didn't I give it all?

Tried my best

Gave you  I had,  and no less

Didn't I do it right? Did I let you down?

Maybe you got too used to  me 'round

Still how can you walk away

From all my tears

It's  be an  road  me  here

But go on and take it, take it all with you

Don't look back at this  fool

Just take it all with my love, take it all with my love"

               Tears formed in your closed eyes. It had been forever since you played or even sang for that matter. It brought back memories - good and bad - and as much as you hated to admit it, you needed this release. You needed to let out some aggression.

"Maybe I  leave, to help you see

Nothing is  than this and this is  we need

So is it over? Is this  it, you're  up so easily

I  you  me more than this

But go on, go on, take it, take it all with you

Don't look back at this  fool

Just take it all with my love, take it all with my love"

               The tune from the piano flooded downstairs making the notes bounce off the walls. It put you in a euphoria and as you sang, you moved your head from side to side really getting lost into the words.

"I will  if I must

Slow it down and  it home, I will adjust

Oh if only, if only you knew