Chapter Forty Eight

Six weeks had passed since you had been rescued, but one question still lingered in your mind – 'Where's Michael?' You remember going through the house and seeing bodies dropped to the floor while the once grey walls were repainted a deep crimson, but not one sign of Michael or Graves for that matter. You weren't too concerned on Graves. You figured he would go after Michael to collect the money he had already 'paid for you'.

Ghost and Soap hadn't even attempted to touch you, sexually. A part of you was grateful and didn't know how you would have reacted, but the other part hated it because you wanted their hands over your body to replace the ones that were once there. You loved it when they rubbed their hands over your swollen belly – feeling the baby kick their hands. Tears would fall from your eyes as feelings overwhelmed you with how happy you were to finally be HOME. With each tear that fell, they held onto you until you would fall asleep in their arms.

Most nights, you would lay on Ghosts chest with your leg draped over his and Soap would spoon you from behind. You felt warm either way and a whole new meaning of love. It was something you hadn't felt in a long time, and it was overbearing at times. You felt vulnerable and there were times you questioned it because it had been so long – it was foreign, but their softness and tenderness brought your spiraling mind back to reality.

No one had been on a mission since your rescue, and everyone remained in Mexico at Alejandros base. Price thought it would be wise to lay low for a while until they could get a trace on Michael. So far, there was nothing. You didn't complain about it because no missions meant Ghost and Soap were right there with you and you knew you were safe.

Eight months was coming up from your pregnancy and you had been to the medic to get tested and treated when you arrived back. The doctors had asked if you wanted to find out the gender and you declined. You wanted it to be a surprise. You knew Ghost was nervous, but you also reassured him that he was nothing and going to be nothing like his father. Soap on the other hand was excited as could be. Him and Ghost, both helped you shower – even though you could do it yourself, they weren't taking no for an answer. Soap would apply lotion to your belly and rub your legs and feet while throwing baby names out. He was determined that the baby was going to have a Scottish name, but all the names he was giving, you just looked over at Ghost and you both busted out laughing.

Each day was becoming harder to walk. You were waddling and your back was killing you. You had to walk with one hand propped on your lower back as your swollen belly felt like a ton of bricks. It was no doubt that Simon 'Ghost' Riley was massive, but this baby was going to be just like its father...massive. Contractions would come and go, but they weren't anywhere near like they should be – as much as you wanted to go ahead and get it over with.

Today was just like any other day here at the base, you still attended the briefs with the rest of the crew – even though they all decided you shouldn't to regulate your blood pressure; but they should have known better with your hardheaded self.

"Laswell found a lead that could potentially be Michael," Price said. Nobody got their hopes up anymore. It was the same every week – possible lead that went to a dead end. Soap, Ghost and you sat in your usual seats at the back of the room. Behind your head were holes in the wall – nobody ever told you, but you knew they came from Ghost whenever you were captured. No one else has the temper like he does.

"What about Graves?" you ask to Price.

"Quiet as a mouse," he replies. You throw your head back and rest it against the wall letting out a breath of air.

"Has anyone thought about possibly going back to the house to see if maybe he left anything there that could help us?" Your question towards anyone, not just Price.