Chapter Ten

Price puts his hand on your shoulder and motions you towards the gun range. You made a mental note to not be too cocky. You have always been a natural shot and a damn good one too. Once you reached the table at the range, you seen a variety of weapons in front of you. They ranged from knives, pistols, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and bolt action rifles.

"We'll test your sniper abilities when we go outside since the range isn't that long. This is mainly for average shooting and close quarters" Price told you.

All eyes were on you as you go and pick up the pistol. It was a .45 ACP Glock. You pick up the magazine, put it in the gun, slap the butt of the mag to make sure it was secured in there, pulled back the slide and load the first round into the chamber. There were six targets staggered in front of you. You knew that you had to hit either head shots or chest shots to make it count.

You aimed the pistol and emptied a whole mag out on the targets. All of them being headshots. You set the pistol down and picked up the AR. You proceeded with loading the magazine and pulling the charging handle back. You braced the butt of the gun against your right shoulder and emptied out the mag. Gaz, Price and Soap kept a smile on their face while watching you, impressed. Ghost just stood there with his arms crossed with no emotion.

Finally, you picked up a few of the throwing knives and flipped them in your hand to feel the weight of them. You picked the furthest target. You wanted to show off and assumed that the closest target would be too easy. You threw the first knife and hit the target in the middle of the head. You threw the next one and hit the target to your right in the neck. You threw the final knife and hit the closet target in the chest.

You turned back around to face the guys. Your eyes gleamed with pride and their smiles matched yours.

"That was impressive lass" Soap said to you.

"I want to see how she is at sniping" Gaz said not really talking to anyone in general.

Price looked at Ghost and then to you, "Lets see if you're better than Ghost". You knew what he was doing. Price was trying to instigate, and you loved it.

You looked over at Ghost and he rolled his eyes. He turned his back and headed up the stairs. Soap grabbed your arm to pull you back while the others followed Ghost. "You got balls lass."

You grinned up at Soap and he motioned for you to go up the stairs. You follow the crowd outside and see a few gun cases lying on the ground. You assume that is what the sniper rifles are in.

"Go 'head there darling" Price says. You walk towards the cases and open them up. One that caught your eye was the rifle in the middle case. It was all black and had a silencer at the end of it. It was decked out and had a high-tech scope on it. You picked this one up out of the case, opened the bipod and set it on the ground. You didn't see it, but Price looked over at Ghost and shot him a wide grin.

You knelt on the ground behind the sniper rifle and got into position on your stomach. You made yourself comfortable and positioned the gun comfortably against your shoulder. You looked through the scope, found the targets and adjusted the zoom on the scope. You took a few deep breaths to regulate your breathing. After a few seconds, you inhaled and held your breath. You placed your finger on the trigger, found your target and pulled. The rifle kicked back, and a loud shot rang through the air. You kept your eyes open and watched your target drop through the scope. Headshot.

You looked back and seen Soap look over at Ghost with a wide grin. Ghost didn't even look at Soap - he kept his eyes on you. You seen his eyes change, almost in a proud way, but knew better than that. You fired off a few more shots, hitting each of the targets between the eyes.