Chapter Forty Three

**Ghost's POV**

It was dark when we infilled in Germany. Laswell got a hit on one of Michael properties a few days ago and I couldn't wait to board to aircraft. Harley plagued my mind like an infectious disease and even though I couldn't stop thinking about her, she gave me the motivation and drive to keep going. The few days that had passed, they were still hard, but now I had a fire in me that burned brighter than ever.

The boys gave me their condolences and even a few apologies for their assumptions, but I didn't want to hear it – put your money where your mouth is and use that for our missions, which I was hoping wouldn't be many and I could find my love. I swear at random times I could smell her – hear her even and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up because I swear, I almost felt her touch. Soap and I had discussed it and he told me that he felt the same things.

He missed her and continued to keep it together and congratulated me on keeping my head held high these past few days – even if I wanted to hide under a rock. He was my best friend and the only person I would share Harley with; and I think it goes without saying, he will be the Godfather to our precious surprise.

The house we were infiltrating was out in the middle of nowhere – just like before when Harley was captured. All of us got the same feeling as before wondering if this was going to be another set up. Gaz and Rudy stayed behind to keep watch while Price, Soap and I would penetrate inside. This wasn't a capture or kill mission – it was strictly kill or be killed and I'll be damned if I'm the one being killed.

The two-story brick home was surrounded by guards outside and I left it up to Gaz an Rudy to snipe out the ones outside, of course we help with hand in hand combat to help them out. The mission was to be as stealthy as possible – like a demon in the shadows that when you seen it, it was already too late.

"I'll get the guard on the left if you get the one on the right," I head Gaz say over the coms to Rudy.

"Roger," Rudy replied.

The rest of us were around the corner and in a split second, the faint muffled sound of a gunshot rang through the air and two bodies dropped.

"Nice shot guys," Soap praised. He looked at me and I nodded my head towards the corner of the house for us to move in. Price went around back so we could meet in the middle and trap anyone that might try to escape.

Soap and I ducked under the windows on the first floor to the house, peeking just a bit inside before crouching down. Three men in the living room watching TV which was far too loud – perfect for us, shitty for them. Soap stands up and shimmy's against the brick to peek into the other window to see if any men are on the opposite side of the room. We didn't want to be blindsided and went over every precaution or scenario that may take place.

"Five men around a poker table. Assault Rifles to their sides resting on the floor. Three have pistols on their hips," Soap whispers into his coms.

"Rog. Not showing any signs of movement at the back of the house," Price responds. His voice heavy and ready for a fight. We all were ready for a bloodbath and to serve justice.

"On your command LT," Soap says as he readies his AR and points it at the door. I stand to the right of the front door, braced against the wall with my ACP 556 in my hand. I take my right hand and gently grab the doorknob and turn. Thankfully, the door was unlocked – probably so the guards from outside didn't have to bother the ones inside, but that was another advantage towards us.