Chapter Forty Four

König finished washing you while you continued to stare at the suds in the tub. His rough hands made your skin crawl and the nausea deep within you wanting to come to surface – but your thoughts in the bath was planning on how to escape this nightmare. Sure, König told you that he wouldn't hurt you while you were with child, but the shift of his eyes from yours to your stomach and back seemed like a lie.

"Tell me about yourself," he says as he sits there staring at your naked body.

You roll your eyes before opening your mouth, "You should know, you took it from me." The hate in your voice caused König's body to stiffen from annoyance.

"Careful Liebling," he taunts, "I wouldn't want your tongue to be removed." That's what you wanted, a threat towards you so you could call him out on his lie.

"Thought you said you wouldn't hurt me while I'm with child," your reply sharp as a razor as you cut your eyes at him.

"Correct," he says taking in a breath and standing him – towering over your body in the tub, "I said I wouldn't hurt you, but don't think I can't remove that thing inside of you and make your life hell."

Your eyes widen at his threat realizing he made a promise to you, not your baby. "Thing?" you reply back to him.

"Yes, that thing. That's what it is, and it has a pitiful excuse for a father." König's words cutting you deep. The razor from your voice is now coming back and cutting you.

"My child's father is a fucking hero and has done more good than you know how to comprehend," you bite back as you get to your feet in the soapy water – not caring anymore that your body was bare. König stared at you with grim eyes, "Maybe if you weren't so goddamn insecure you could actually be a decent human being and have a family of your own!" you finish off in a yell as your chest heaves up and down.

"A family of my own?" König says lowly as his body turns towards you. "A family of my own! You! You were supposed to be mine! You were promised to me!" he roars as he stands in front of you outside the tub leaned over you with both hands supporting him on the shower wall behind you. "This!" he continues as he eyes your stomach, "This was supposed to be us! So, if you think for one second baby that I wont cut out that waste of a cell and replace it with my own, you are mistaken!"

You swallowed the lump in your throat as you watched König's chest heave up and down. Fuck. You were supposed to 'play the part', but the fiery side of you made its way out. König's face was inches from yours and his mask was gently touching the top of your chest, right below your neck. The fabric darkening the already black cloth from your moist body.

Your eyes scanned over his – going from right to left and left to right. He wasn't lying and you realized, he never did. "Why did you kill my parents?" you ask him in a low tone. Your eyes never leaving his.

"I was given orders," he replies without missing a beat – his eyes never leaving yours. "Well, to be fair Harley," he says lifting his voice a tad, "I technically didn't kill your parents. I just killed your mother. If you remember correctly, Sam killed your father."

"You still took part in it," you say through gritted teeth. The flicker in his eyes showed you he enjoyed getting you riled up. He loved seeing you hurt just so he could comfort you in his own way. It was sickening.

"Of course. I was given a job and I fulfilled it. Although," he says as he removes himself from leaning over you and stands straight up – crossing his arms over his chest, "I've heard through the grapevine that are going to give him a slow painful death, but we both know you cant kill the dead twice."