Chapter Eighteen

The sun making its way into the suit woke you up. A faint whimper formed in your throat to not waking up against him. Your head pounded and nausea sat dormant in your stomach. Remnants of last night plagued your mind – the good, the bad and the almost. The door to the suit clicked and he walked in. You go to sit up only to realize your robe was at the end of the bed, draped across like a blanket. You pull the white sheets up to your chest.

"Did we-"Blood rushed to your cheeks at the thought of it and jealousy hinted at your mind not being able to remember.

"Negative" he cut you off. He was carrying a tray with a silver dome in the center and a glass of orange juice beside it. A black shopping bag hung from his wrist. He approached you, setting the tray in front of you on the bed. "I figured you'd have a hangover. I went and got your favorite." Your soft eyes met his. He lifts the metal dome, "Bacon."

The smoky applewood smell filled your nostrils and nausea was soon replaced with hunger. This outgoing gesture of his really touched you, and completely threw you off, a small red rose rested at the top of the tray. You pick it up, looking at him and then back at the rose. It was fresh and when you brought it up to your nose, the smell was faint but sweet. A small smile formed on your face, "Thank you" you told him softly.

He didn't respond. A giddy feeling invaded your body and Soaps words reminded you of the conversation you two had last night. You felt like Ghost wanted to show vulnerability, but he had been fucked over so much that when he feels like he vulnerable, he walls up his emotions. "I need to go around town to pick up some things for tonight." Your voice breaks the silence.

"Laswell is here and is waiting on you. I told her you would be down in a few minutes". He puts the black bag on the bed beside you. You eye the bag cautiously, "Its clothes, so you're not walking around sticking out in your gear."

"You bought me clothes?" you ask as he walks towards the door.

"Laswell." Ghost was a man of few words at times.

"And the breakfast?" you press on.

"From me" he continues walking until he opens the door. Right before he walks out, you hear one last thing, "The rose too." Click and he was gone.

Those last words made your breath hitch. "He cares for you." Soaps words rang in your head. You shake the thoughts and reach over to the black bag and pull out a pair of ripped jeans and a black body suit. You quickly change and put on your black boots, making them compliment your outfit.

You head out of the room and down to the lobby. Laswell was sitting on one of the couches when you approached.

"Harley." Her tone neutral.

"Laswell" you mirror.

She gets off the couch and leads you outside to the black SUV that you arrived in. She gets into the driver seat and for once, you were able to sit up front.

"Have anything in mind?" she asks trying to make conversation.

"What is the attire? I'm assuming sleek and 'I have money'."

"Precisely and I know just the place." The SUV turns down different streets and the conversation between Laswell and you were kept at a minimum. The SUV stops in front of a high-end store. You get out and meet her at the revolving door.

The store was a millionaires wife dream. Designer dresses, diamonds and other jeweled jewelry, wine and anything else that stated 'My job is spending my husbands money while he cheats on me'. Your hands finger the fabric of the different dresses, and your eyes catch a few of the bracelets in the jewelry case.