Chapter Twenty Two

Your talk with Laswell was in a hush whisper, knowing that someone was standing behind the closed door listening. The conversation was kept to the point and Laswell nodded in approval with the plan you were throwing at her. She would throw out an occasional 'mhm', but never interrupted you. The front door to the house opened and you both jerk your heads to see who it is – Price.

He stands on the porch and holds the cell phone in his hand up in the air, "Reaper, we got the text".

"Text?" you question back at him while you look at him with a confused look.

"From Michael."

Your eyes scanned over the area and then it hit you that you had given him the number to the phone to get up with you. How you forgot that, was a little concerning to you, but you shook your head and headed towards Price. "What does it say?" you ask him.

He gives a cocky grin and hands the phone to you, not answering your question. You take the phone and a blue text lit up the phone. You rolled your eyes at his arrogance as you read 'Miss me yet?'. Price took note of the eye roll and chuckled to himself.

"He really is a fucking deuce bag. Remind me again why we are doing this?" The question was rhetorical, and they knew that, but a part of you questioned is this really worth it. "What do I say?" you ask looking back at Price and Laswell.

"You're the one with the secretive plan Reaper. You tell me."

You take a deep breath and start replying back. You hit send and your text in grey read 'Don't flatter yourself Mr. Gravely. I should be asking you that instead.' You hand the phone back to Price and head back inside the house. You hear Laswell say under her breath, "She's good" and a grin forms on your face.

"Reaper!" you hear Price yell. You don't answer but turn around and look at him. He holds the phone up in the air again, "Don't you want this?"

"Nah, I'm playing hard to get, remember?" You give a wink and turn back around heading towards the living room. Soap and Gaz were still sitting down, but Ghost was nowhere to be found.

"So, what's the plan Reaper?" Gaz asks you.

You go to open your mouth but Soap cuts you off, "C'mon Gaz, you know Reaper likes to leaves us in suspense – aint that right Lass?"

You roll your eyes as a grin forms on your face, "You gentleman will find out in due time".

"Ohh, gentleman are we?" Soap taunts on. He stands up and curtseys towards Gaz in a mocking way.

Gaz chimes in, "Better than a fucking Jarhead huh?" You snort and shake your head back and forth.

"You two dipshits are crazy" you tell them.

"Not as crazy as you Reaper!" Gaz yells out. You go to turn and head upstairs, "Speaking of crazy" you say, "Soap, what are you cooking for dinner tonight?"

Gaz looks at him with a grin and Soap looks at you with a confused look on his face, "What makes you think I'm cooking dinner tonight?"

"Because" you start off and try to get the rest out from laughing, "You're like...the woman in...this group". You and Gaz burst out laughing and Soap just stands there nodding his head back and forth with his hands on his hips.

"Says the only person in this group who is dickless" he throws back playfully.

After catching your breath, you retort back, "What makes you think my dick isn't bigger than yours?"