Chapter Seventeen

The air was no longer light and peaceful. The atmosphere had changed around you as if a storm was coming in. The night was clear and beautiful, but your mind was starting the 'perfect storm'. You watched him walk out of the bedroom and left you there in the empty room. A sigh passed your lips and you told yourself that nothing was going to ruin this for you. You had too much on your mind to let a man throw your mission at hand off.

You head to the elegant bathroom to shower. The sound of rain echoed off the stone walls as water ran down your body and dropped onto the floor. You felt a pair of eyes on you as the bathroom door was cracked open, but you never turned around to see if anyone was there. Millions of thoughts crossed your mind on how you were going to do tomorrow – and still, not one was able to stick. Anxiety had a hold on your body, and it only grew the later the night got.

Beads of water fell down your back from your long hair. You wrapped a towel around your body and walk to the mirror. You take your hand and wipe off the condensation, only to stare at yourself. You swallowed hard and just like turning on a light, a thought crossed your mind of something that might work. The void of desperation was soon overcome with determination and the longer you stared, the more confident you became about tomorrow.

You break away your gaze to pull your clothes out of your bag, only to realize you didn't pack for a 'wine and dine' experience. Two white robes caught your attention hanging off the door. A deep breath fills your lungs, and you snatch one off the door, drop the towel and tying the robe around you. You brush out your hair, leave the bathroom and head towards the balcony.

This was a sight you could get used to. There were two chairs on the balcony. You sat in the one to your left and propped your feet on the railing – watching people walk by and looking out onto the calm city. The lock to the bedroom clicked, but you didn't bother looking – assuming it was him. His masculine form made his way towards you and made himself comfortable in the other chair. He positioned himself in his usual stance, legs spread wide.

You could feel his gaze on you, and you could see his head move slightly as he eyed your body. The way you were sitting, your legs and thighs were exposed and since you had your feet on the railing, the view stopped right before your ass. Giving him just enough to let his mind wonder. The front of the robe had opened a little more – showing off your cleavage nicely. Not too much, but just enough.

"Any ideas for tomorrow?" he asks, breaking the silence.

"Something came to mind, but I'm still unsure on it." You don't look at him when you answer but continue to watch the city. "But don't worry, I'll think of something. I always do." You tried to cut back on the heavy atmosphere, but that didn't seem to work.

He doesn't respond. An aggravated puff of air escaped through your nostrils. It aggravated you that you couldn't figure him out and when you think you had, he changes. It drove you crazy.

"Have you ever shown anyone your face?" Ghost tensed at that question, and you took note that it struck a nerve. You watch his chest bow out from a deep breath that he took.

"You should know, you read my file." The sinister bile tone made you cock your head at him. You were taken aback by his reply. Amber clashed with green once again and fire built in your chest.

"If you're waiting on an apology, keep waiting" you spit out. "I'm not sorry for what I did to you. Not one bit. I was doing my job and at the time, I was doing what I thought was right. I'm not going to apologize for that." Your tone was harsh and bitter. You watched him swallow hard hoping it was his pride.