Chapter Twenty Four

Your head throbbed before you even opened your eyes. You were in a dark room pressed against something hard. Panick started to set in, but you felt a warm hand on the mid part of your back. You pick your head up and see that you're laying on Ghost. Your memory was a bit fogged from yesterday evening, but deep down you held a little resentment towards him.

               "Easy," he says to you as you go to sit up. You cut him a look with your eyes. "Look, I know you're probably pissed with me and everyone else, but you weren't thinking straight. I need you to be a little more levelheaded before you head off and do something stupid and get yourself killed". You could hear the worry in his voice. Your eyes softened just a little but then darted towards the door as Soap busted through. His eyes scanning over your bare shoulders as you jerk the blanket up to your naked body.

               "Laswell received a message". That was all he said and then slammed the door shut. Soap seemed out of breath and by the look on his face, you didn't know what the message could have said. You and Ghost get out of bed quickly, as you grab one of his big t-shirts and pair of his boxers. He puts on a pair of sweatpants and one of his shirt, but it fits him regularly.

               You both make your way downstairs and into the kitchen where everyone is gathered. You rub your eyes, and everyone watches you two fill the room.

               "We've received a message pertaining to you Reaper," Laswell's voice low and nervous. You jerk your head back confused and slowly walk towards her. She hands you a piece of paper with two words that make your blood run cold, "My Butterfly". You look jerk your head up towards her. "Is that a code name for something?" she asks.

               You shake your head, "No". Your face starts turning red from rage filling you, "The motherfucker is calling me what my dad called me. That was his nickname for me."

               Laswell nods and before she can speak, Gaz chimes in, "That's not all". You furrow your brows at him and take a step closer. He has a laptop in front of him and he turns it around so everyone can see the screen. It's a video, paused – ready for anyone to press play.

               "Play it," you say in a dark tone. You feel Ghost place his hand on your shoulder, "Harley". You cock your head to the side to peer at him, "I'm fine." You turn back towards Gaz, "Play the damn video".

               Gaz's eyes never left yours as he hits the space bar and the video plays. Its you.

               "Lets make this a little more memorable," the person holding the camera says. You were suspended in the air by your arms – chains holding you in place as your feet dangled wanting to touch the ground. All your clothes had been stripped from your body as you suspend there naked for everyone to see.

               Soap side eyes you and watches your expression, but you didn't notice. You were too in depth with the video. "Turn it off," Ghost demands. You hold your hand up when you see Gaz start closing the laptop. "No," you say. "He sent this for a reason". You push the screen back where it was and proceed to watch the video.

               Something metallic slides across the floor and your body writhes as the man approaching you drags several pieces of barbwire tied together at the end, making it a deadly whip. He walks up behind you, "I love how you dance around for me" he says as he laughs. He draws his hand back and whips you across the back. Blood splattering across the floor as you let out a scream. "That's right, scream for me precious". He draws his arm back again and whips you in the same spot. More blood coated the floor as the silver barbwire was now coated in deep red. Blood ran down your back and legs, dripping off your heels.