Chapter Thirty Two

**Ghost's POV**

 Dust filled my lungs as the weight of the world crushed my body. I couldn't move and my mind kept hearing her partial scream. It was the last thing I was able to hear until it was abruptly replaced by an explosion. The floor crumbled beneath our feet and the house trapped us in. I was reliving a part of hell that I thought was over with. Death.

I could hear movement around me, but it was muffled. I tried to move, but a wooden beam was laying over my legs, pinning me in place.

"Harley!" I scream out. She was a fighter and the toughest woman I knew, but even her tiny body had its limits.

"Lieutenant!" The voice was muffled but it sounded like Gaz. The ground beneath me vibrated as I could hear the sounds of material being moved and thrown to the side. The darkness that veiled over me, was thinning out as parts of light were starting to shine through the cracks of the debris.

"Someone come help me move this shit off the Lieutenant!"

I take in a deep breathe and choke on the dusty air, "Is Harley okay!" I was barely able to get the words out – halfway from the lump in my throat and the other half from the unpurified air.

"On my count." Why wasn't anyone answering my question about her! "One! Two! Three!" The large wall that covered my body was removed as my team was looking down upon me.

"Glad to see you're alive Simon," Price said, but something was wrong. I look over at Johnny and he had tears rolling down his face and a look ready to kill.

"Is she okay?" This was the last time I was going to ask nicely before tearing the rest of this shit hole down.

I watched Price as he swallowed the lump in his throat, "Lets get this beam off you first." My heart dropped.

"Captain," I say as I felt my eyes starting to burn.

"On my count," Price says as everyone takes their position around this beam, "One! Two! Three!". The beam lifts off my legs and I quickly pull my knees to my chest and stand. The team lets go of the beam as it rumbles the ground beneath us.

I go to speak and immediately shut my mouth. I knew the words weren't able to flow out. "LT." I jerk my head up to look at Soap. His eyes were blood shot, and his jaw was clenched to the point I thought his teeth were going to crack under pressure.

Price reaches his hand out to me to help me walk over the debris. I quickly grab his hand and carefully watch my step over the fallen sheetrock, beams and splintering wood. My eyes dart over the room looking for any sign of her and I see nothing. She didn't make it.

My knees nearly collapsed under me, but luckily, I was able to catch myself. "Simon," Prices voice still sounding worried.

I look up and I couldn't help the pool of liquid that formed around my eyes. "She's gone." Two words. Two fucking words that ripped the slightest bit of feelings I had out of my chest.

"Were going to get her LT." Johnny cautiously places his hand on my shoulder, and I tensed under his touch. It took a few seconds for it to register what he had said to me.

"Sh-she's alive?" I ask out. Soaps eyes met mine but quickly diverted to the floor.

"We don't know, son," Price answered. "All I know is this was a set up. When she told me that we needed to get out of here, I saw two men grab her in the blink of an eye. Before I could do anything, the floor exploded."