Chapter Twenty Three

All eyes were on you both when you walked back into the living room. Price was standing in the middle of room around all the furniture with his hands on his hips – the phone in his left hand. You had to walk a bit awkwardly from the rip in your pants, but not too much to where it was noticeable.

"We have a problem," Laswell says.

You swallow hard, "What is it?"

Price walks forward and hands you the cell phone. You read the text and then the phone falls out of your hands. The world slowed down and it seemed it took forever for the phone to hit the floor. All color drained from your face as a gasp escaped from your lips. Your eyes fluttered, hoping deep down this would help your light headedness.

"What is it?" Ghost demanded. He looks around at each and everyone in the room, but as soon as his eyes meet theirs, they put their head down. Ghost walks over to the phone and picks it up, the glass screen now cracked.

'Blue Butterflies Buzz Unexpectedly' followed by a picture of a man and a woman dead, with holes in their heads. Ghost jerks his head up to you.

You disassociate and stare blankly at the floor. You hear nothing and you see nothing. It was just you...alone. Your body jerked when the phone started ringing.

"Its him," Ghost says viciously. You quickly snatch the phone out of his hands before he could jerk away.

"Har-," He was soon cut off by you answering the phone.

"Didn't think I would recognize you doll face?" Michael cooed. You remained silent. "What's the matter? Don't like the picture I sent? To be honest, it could have been better. I could have sent the other videos, especially the one where yo-," You cut him off before he could finish.

"What the fuck do you want Michael?" you growl into the phone as your body shook with rage.

Him laughing at your question, only fueled your rage more, "You".

You glare at the phone before finally speaking, "Well come and fucking get me you piece of shit." You hang the phone up and throw it against the wall, screaming in anger. Soap looks at Ghost with a worried look as they watch you turn on heel and head towards the door.

Several footsteps could be heard behind you as you approach the door. You picked up your pace before flinging the front door open and taking off into a full-blown sprint.

"HARLEY!" you hear Ghost yell out. You don't stop or think about it. You needed to get out and find the man that started it all. The man who turned your world upside down. The man who will suffer at your hands. You continue to run to the tree line just like when you first got here – the cold air biting your lungs as you continue to push yourself even harder.

Rustling of leaves could be heard from behind you, their footsteps closing in on you. This time it wasn't just Ghost, but Soap and Price too. You dart to the left when you felt a hand reach out to try and grab you. It wasn't completely dark, but it was getting close – giving you just enough light to see a little way in front of you. Your adrenaline was at an all time high as your legs burned, but you pushed through reminding yourself of your goal.

The air was getting colder as its crisp air bit at your skin, making your cheeks red and lips chapped. Your chest heaved up and down as it was getting harder to breath until someone tackled you and knocked all the air out of your lungs.

The man on top of you breathing hard, "Got her LT!" Soap shouted.

"Get the fuck off me!!" You scream at him, bucking your hips trying to knock him off balance. You ball your fist up and swing at Soap, but he blocks your punch and pins your arms down by your side and holds them in place with his legs, straddling you. Anxiety begins to swarm through you and your chest starts heaving up and down hard.