Chapter Eight

Everyone excluding Ghost got a kick out of your humor. Everyone's eyes soon directed towards Ghost and the laughter died down quick whenever they realized that he was not finding any of this amusing. There was an awkward silence before another one of 141's guys came to the kitchen. He was a tall, slender man with dark skin.

               "Packages are here" he said. And just as quick as he came into the kitchen, he was gone.

               Ghost stood up and walked towards me and the closer he got, the smaller I felt. He was huge and it was like a tower of a man coming towards me. He didn't break eye contact until he was walking past me, and even then, if he had eyes in the back of his head, he would probably still pierce through your skull.

               A touch to your arm brought you back to reality. "You really pissed in his cornflakes, lass" Soap said laughing at you. You look up at him with humor on your face but didn't say anything. "You know, he's the one that requested you train with him" he said with a shitfaced grin.

               Your eyes went wide, and your heart started racing. You tried your best to hide your expressions, but you figured Soap had already seen through you. "Well, he's got a lot coming for him" you say.

               "Mhm" Soap replied. You knew damn well what that 'mhm' meant. He was calling your bluff.

               Your conversation was cut short by hearing a deep brit accent call your name, "Harley!" Again, you sucked at hiding your facial expressions and Soap noticed your eyes get wide. He goes to walk past you and leaning in towards you "See" he says and continues walking. You roll your eyes and turn on heel and head towards the behemoth of a man that called your name.

               You walk out towards the living room, and you see several large crates places on the floor. You walk over to Ghost. "Yes?" you say dryly.

               Ghost turns his head towards you and glares with soulless eyes. "It's lieutenant, sergeant." You stared back at Ghost with the same expression not saying anything. You knew what he meant. He wanted you to correct yourself and address him like he asked. Rummaging stopped from everyone else going through the crates and all eyes were on you and Ghost. He broke you before, but now you were picking up the pieces and redefining you.

               You both stared at each other for several minutes before you rolled your eyes and sighed. "Yes lieutenant?".

               Ghost turned and forcefully handed you a large duffle bag. You held out your hands out of instinct and grabbed it. It was full and damn it was heavy.

               "Your gear" he says. "You also have regular clothes so you can stop wearing mine" he finishes coldly.

               You took this opportunity to come at another approach and knock his guard off. You throw the duffle bag over your shoulder and head towards the stairs. Before putting your foot on the first step, you turn towards the crowd and look at Ghost. He doesn't pay you any mind and is going through the same crate. Without any hesitation, you say, "Maybe I like your clothes on me." Ghost stops dead in his tracks and everyone's eyes go wide. He jerks his head towards you, and you give a devilish smile while slowly walking up the stairs – not breaking eye contact. Once you reach the top of the stairs, you let out a well needed breath of air. You kept telling yourself that you are playing with fire, but a part of you enjoys it. Something about Ghosts eyes piercing through you, lights something in you. Something you haven't felt.

               Once you reach Ghosts room, you throw the duffle bag on the bed, unzip it, and pull out the clothes inside. There were three pairs of black cargo pants, five pairs of black t-shirts, three pairs of black long sleeve shirts, a pack of black crew sock, black boots, five black sports bra's and four pairs of black shorts. You held the shorts up and noticed that they were spandex material. You rolled your eyes and thought that spandex was purposely ordered., but figured they were for lounging or training.

               You unzip the front of the duffle bag and pull out more clothing. Your face turned red whenever you seen that they were panties and not just regular cotton briefs, but a variety of panties. You toss the pack of black cotton briefs to the side and start inspecting the colorful world in front of you. There were several thongs ranging in color from red, dark red, dark blue and purple to the cheeky style ranging in colors from black, orange, yellow, green and white. Your face turned an even darker shade of red whenever you read the tags – Victoria Secret.

               Your heart nearly jumped out of your chest whenever you heard someone knock on the doorframe. You jerk your head towards the person invading your privacy. It was Soap. He sees what you're holding and the color of your face.

               "Ghost ordered those by the way" he says trying not to laugh.

               "Nuh uh" you reply.

               He holds his right hand up, "God's honest truth."

               Your face was now on fire, and you didn't know what to think. "Why the fuck would he order me these?" you ask confused as hell.

               Soap busts out laughing from your face turning beet red. "Soap, stop fucking playing with me!"

               "I'm not" he says still cackling, "I swear to God I'm not. I was right there when he ordered them."

               You pick up one of your boots and throw it at him. It hits him in the arm, and he almost doubles over from laughing. "Why the fuck are yall ordering women's...practical lingerie for me?!"

               Soap stands up letting out some air to relieve himself. "Women like shit like that. Trust me, I grew up with three sisters. It's the little things that matter" he tells you.

               "Yeah, but not fucking silk thongs!" you yell. This didn't help and Soap continued to laugh.

               "I wish...you could have seen...Ghosts face" he barely gets out. You just eyed him not finding this funny at all but a bit creepy. Soap finally gains his composure and sees the look on your face. "Aw come on. It's a little bit funny."

               "I think its really fucking weird" you say with a chuckle.

               "And you don't think telling him that you like wearing his clothes is weird?" he throws back at you.

               "Touche" you say grinning.

               Soap goes to turn around to walk out, "Oh! By the way, there's some body wash, shampoo, conditioner and lotion in there as well. I know you women need all that shit apparently" he says giving you a toothy grin. You roll your eyes and watch him exit the room.

               You grab the bottom part of your shirt and pull it over your head. As you get the shirt over your head, you see Ghost walk in the room. You immediately turn around, so your bare back is facing him.

               "Jesus fucking Christ! You don't know how to knock?!"

               "Its my fucking room" he says in a dangerous tone. You could feel his eyes radiating on your back. You hold the shirt across your chest and turn around.

               "Haven't you ever heard of manners?" you question back at him.

               Ghost rolled his eyes. "Be downstairs in five" he tells you. It sounded more like a threat, but you got the point. After he told you that, he walked out of the room. You walked over to the door and slammed the door shut. A loud bang echoing throughout the house. You threw the shirt on the bed and grabbed one of the sports bras and pulled it over your head. You rolled your eyes at the V cut shape in the front. It pushed your boobs together perfectly. They were nice in general and probably the favorite part of your body, but now they looked even more enticing. You pulled the boxers down and slipped on the black spandex shorts. They were definitely short and hugged right under your ass. You walked into the bathroom, shut the door to look in the mirror that hung on the back of the door.

               Scars across your stomach brought back painful memories. There was old bruising over your ribs and the stab wound on your thigh was scabbing up.  You turn to look at yourself from behind and immediately regretted it. Scars from your parents murder still embed in your skin like jagged lines on concrete. You take a deep breath in and exhale. It was time to kick some ass.