Chapter Twenty Five

The living room was quiet when you and Ghost reentered. A part of you just wanted to stay in the shower holding onto him in your cold wet clothes. You and him both changed before going downstairs, not wanting to deal with wet clothes chaffing you and the risk of catching a cold.

Soap jumped off the couch and walked swiftly towards you. His arms outstretched until he collides with you and wraps you tightly in his arms. "You okay?" he asks. Feeling a bit awkward, you discreetly pull away from him.

"I'm fine Soap. Thank you," giving him a small smile. Ghost places his palm on your back and gives a gentle push towards the living room. You take a few steps and feel his hand leave your body, but when you cock your head to the side, you see he is there talking to Soap.

"She going to be alright LT?" Soap asks Ghost. "You think she's in danger here?"

"I don't know Johnny. I've thought about that myself". You tried to tune your ears to hear them better, but it sounded like a bunch of murmuring.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" you start out. Your voice a bit shaky – still trying to recover from your disassociating.

Ghost and Soap look at you and proceed to walk towards you. Everyone else patiently waits.

You take in a deep breath, "Personally, I feel like we need to lay low for a while". Price goes to speak, but you hold your hand up to stop him, "I say this because Michael is a determined man. He doesn't stop until he has what he wants, and he will burn the world down trying. He knows that I know about him, and that Trinity was a whole fucking lie to me. Trust me, I want nothing more than to rip his fucking eyes out of his head and shove them down his throat."

Before you could speak, Laswell chimes in, "So what are you proposing Harley?"

"I don't think its safe to stay here. I don't know why; I just have this feeling that he knows where I am. Where we are, and I think it would be best to stay someone else off grid or at a military base that is heavily guarded until we can think of something." You pause for a second, "One thing I do know, Michael will eventually make himself known. He doesn't know how to stay quiet forever." You chuckle to yourself, "The man has an ego he has to uphold."

"Do you think he is still going to be in Vegas?" Gaz asks. You look over at him completely forgetting about that.

"No," you say flat out. "He's not going to risk it. He will have someone fill in for him or make some lame ass excuse at to why he cant be there".

Soap walks past you and into the living room to sit on the couch, "So what do you think he has in mind?"

You rub your fingers through your hair, thinking before answering, "I don't know. I feel like he is going to try and track me down. That would be his first step."

Price readjusts himself in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest, "Do you think he knows you went into his computer that night?" Before you could answer, he asked another question, "Do you think he knew it was you the whole time?"

The question played in your mind over and over, "Theres no way he could have known it was me. My hair is a different color and he –". Gaz cuts you off. "Harley, he sent another message."

Your face goes pale, and the words slip out before you can stop them, "What does it say?" Gaz hadn't opened the message yet but turns the laptop around so you can open it. Ghost grabs you by your arm and you look back at him, "Are you sure you want to do that?" Worry all over his face.