What She Is About (Chapter 38)

He stayed silent for a moment contemplating his words.

"Well yeah, I wanted to save you when I had an actual plan but..."
He said in a matter-of-fact tone and then added smugly.
"It looked like you wouldn't last that long."

"Tch, you don't know that. So what now, I for sure won't let you back in the team."
I say while crossing my arms.

"I have no further interest in joining your delusional eighth-grader syndrome plan. Having said that you'll manage the rest, right! See ya~"
He announced leaving me baffled as I scurried up to my feet to stop him.

"Where do you think you are going?"
I asked with an edge to my voice. He had already made his way to a closet which he opened to reveal stairs that led back up to a hatch.

"What, I thought we agreed we don't want to be on each other's teams."
He hissed and I rolled my eyes as he continued playing dumb.

I wouldn't just let him go before he tells me where the weapons are now.

It looked like he wouldn't just give in so I placed my hand on his shoulder which he brushed off annoyed before I could say anything. As he was about to burst into a sprint I grabbed onto his clothes pulling him back.

"Fucking hell!"
He yelled his tone furious as he turned around to get me off of him. My hand traveled into my pocket and pulled out the piece of glass and the second he faced me it was already pressed against his throat.

"You think this bluff will work against me, sweetheart?"
He replied his brows furrowed as he cockily leaned into the shard probably expecting me to flinch away but my hand stayed steady.

"I'm dead serious Mint, humans are fragile you know. If I push this in just a little more-"
I demonstrated as I spoke and his skin tore the slightest, drawing one pearl of red.

He stayed where he was not showing any sign of fear as he commented.
"You changed."

A small smile formed on my lips as I replied
"I'm afraid so. Now, just spit it out!"

"Do you even know what that means?"
He asked looking calm but he must be far from it.

"Betray Minka yeah, I thought that's kinda your thing."
I answered cheekily.

His lips parted a bit, almost offended as he struggled to find words.
"They are in the mixing room alright."
He finally admitted and glanced at my hand which wasn't moving away.

"Bring me there!"
I command after all how else was I supposed to make sure he wasn't lying.

"WHAT?! No, nuh-uh, forget it."
Mint replied quickly but my only response was to dig the sharp object further into him.

"Wait, wait! Look Minka probably already exchanged the weapons with Teru and if not she most probably relocated them."
He explained now a little startled.

I wanted to ask what was going on between the two but sadly there was no time for that right now.

"Well, better hope she hasn't because there is no guarantee what I might do if I don't get my paws on those today!"
I answer feeling anger rage inside of me at just the thought, when suddenly he interrupted me.

"Hands, you have hands."

A bit of pink covered my cheeks as I stuttered.
"Th-that is what I meant."

He smiled at my reaction a faint blush forming on his cheeks. He then replied.
"Fine I'll help you out but if the deal between them has already been done, I'm out!"

I looked away while placing the shard of glass back in my pocket.

With that, we walked up the stairs while praying to not walk through a cobweb. My nose itched from the dust but I tried to not sneeze and give away our location.