A Good Human Excuse (Chapter 3)

My eyes flutter open as I sit up on the comfy bed.

"Ahhh!! How late is it? I need to get to school!"
I think panicking and then calming down

"But it's not like I need to attend classes..."

Suddenly the trap door that led to the attic bursts open with Minka and Mint coming out of it.

"How come that Mint knew that I am here?"
I wonder silently

"Get ready it's time to sneak into the school!"
Mint cheers and Minka says

"I made breakfast and Mint and I discussed that it's alright for you to stay at my home for a bit."

"Ah, thanks! Um, I never knew Mint and you were so close."
I say and Mint twitches a bit

"W-we aren't that close!"
Mint says while wiggling with its Mokke ears

"I just saw Mint outside searching for you so I brought it inside. It was a bit early to wake you so we chatted a bit."
Minka explains

I thank Minka and then get up to get ready. I do my hair and dust off my school uniform which I wore to bed meanwhile Mint puts my washed hoodie into the backpack we got at Cottons store.

I head down and eat breakfast and Mint hands me the backpack in which I'll be carrying the little Mokke in.

Soon we head out and travel through a few boundaries and arrive at the library of Kamome Academy. Mint now sits down in my backpack, I close it and walk out of the room.

"Alright stay calm. No one is going to notice that you aren't an actual student here. If anybody questions me I'll just show them my student ID and it will be fine! Ok, now the mission was to locate Akane and then steal his clock!"
I revised in my head as I walked into the empty hall.

"Everybody must be in their classes."
I thought when suddenly I heard a click behind me

"Hey, you."
A calm voice said and I froze in place. Sweat started to build up on my forehead as I turned around slowly.

"It's going to be alright!"
I tell myself holding my breath

"Yes?"
I say my voice echoing through the hall

"Do you have a free period? You probably do, could you help me with this really quick."
The person says and I immediately recognize him as Tsuchigomori. I had been lurking around in his library before.

"Uhm sure, what is it?"
I answer as I notice him staring at me weirdly

Suddenly he turned around and shrugged as if whatever he just found out didn't bother him. He walked back into the empty classroom and picked up a stack of papers.

"Could you bring these to the student council president?"
He asked handing me a stack of papers that looked like English worksheets.

"Uhhh wait hold up I get why he stared, he probably saw my supernatural Aura! And now he is sending me straight towards Teru!? Is he doing that on purpose, sending me to my doom?"
I connected as I unintentionally started to shake.

"I-uhh am kind of b-busy- "
I stutter thinking that was a good human excuse

"Ohh you gotta be FUCKING KiDdInG meeeee?! Did I just stutter, that's- damn I feel so embarrassed."
I think lowering my head to make eye contact with the lovely floor

"I am sure you'll manage."
He says in a monotone voice as he turned away from me, leaving me dumbfounded.

"Uhhh what do I do now? T-there is no way I can go to Teru he'll notice I am a supernatural and he'll exorcize me in a matter of seconds. Wait stop cut the cams...."
I thought as I put down the papers on the floor to put one hand over my mouth.

"I JusT...STUTTERED in my thoughts- That- WASN'T INTENDED I-I sWeaR it's because of that weird potion!!!"
I argue with myself while trying to stop my hand from strangling me to death

"I gotta work around this somehow."
I mumble as I pick up the papers again and look around when suddenly I could feel my hair being pulled back

"Ouchhh!"
I screech putting my hand on my head

"Ah sorry didn't mean to tug on your hair."
I hear the squeaky voice say before a pink ball tumbled down my shoulder and landed on the floor in front of me

"Anyway don't worry Akane is the vice president so if we find him we can just tell him to give the sheets to Teru."
Mint explains and my heart almost explodes when we hear a sudden ringing and students start to rush out of the classrooms.

"Is it lunch break already, that's a bit early isn't it?"
I ask

"Did I mention that we got lost TWICE in the boundaries on our way here?"
Mint says while giving me a 'are you serious right now look'

"AhhhHhh RiGhT!"
I say raising a finger

"We are so going to fail...with this dumbass."
I hear Mint mumble

"Ohhh don't worry we are going to be fineeeeee~"
I say optimistically

"Just follow me, Akane probably is in the student council right now."
The green stained Mokke said while starting to lead me through the hallway

I follow it left and then right and then up the stairs again and right once more. We stop two classrooms away from the council room.

"If Teru is the president, isn't there a high chance that he might be in there too?"
I mention while Mint freezes in its place while saying

"OoOh right..."

"Aha~ and you say the operation is going to fail because of me?
I tease

"Oh shut it, I'll go and peek through the window."
Mint says stomping off

As it arrives it jumps up to look through one of the windows and suddenly gestures for me to come over. I quickly dash towards the window while crouching making sure Akane wouldn't see me.

"Teru isn't in there but that means he can come any moment. I'll stay here and notify you when he comes. You need to take the clock from Akane yourself."
Mint explains making me panic

"Hey, how am I supposed to take the clock from him? I don't even know where he has that thing."
I whisper

"You'll manage, now go!"
It whispers a bit too loud

"Alright, alright geez."
I say standing up and walking to the door.

As I stepped in front of the door my heartbeat quickened up and my brain started to feel fuzzy.

"Frick I wanna turn around!"
I think with a tear in my eye and cheeks puffing up.

I grasped the handle of the door and clicked it open.

"Council president, could you take over this pile of work? I have bee-"
Akane says while writing something in his notebook when suddenly he stops to look at me. His eyes widened a bit in the process.

"Non-council members aren't allowed in here."
He says with an annoyed look

"What do I do?WHATDO IDO???? OH RIGHT, the English sheets!!!!"
I panic before saying

"I know but I wanted to drop off these English worksheets for Teru. But I see he isn't here."

"He'll be here in a few minutes I'll make sure he gets them."
Akane says bored while stretching out his hand for me to give him the sheets

"Uhhh but I want to give him them myself, can I stay and wait for a bit."
I say as I snatch a chair and sit down beside him trying to find where he could put the watch

"Oh god, she is a fangirl..."
He mumbles while putting a hand on his face

"If you want to speak to him that bad wait for him in front of the door."
He orders while pointing towards the door

I look Akane up and down trying to find the watch when suddenly I spot chains dangling from his left pocket on his pants.

With anxiety, I jumble together a quick plan as I move towards the door and do what any human would do. I fall towards the ground making sure that all papers scatter everywhere.