It Broke So Easily (Chapter 22)

I climbed onto the toilet to observe what was going on. A huge panic had broken out as the other two Mokke jumped up the toilet too.

Shrill shrieks continued as purple smoke lingered over the floor
"Awww, why are they all running away? I just arrived-"
A childish voice could be heard when finally I spotted the source, Tsukassa was floating in front of the door with a dark-coloured nervous Mokke in his hand.

My eyes widened as I recognized the poor Mokke, it was none other than Ink but then where was Bubble?

"Does this mean- Bubble is the snitch?"
Cotton assumed and I replied

"I- perhaps? But I don't know. Why would Bubble do this?"

"Ink are you alright?"
I questioned and Mint beside me yelled annoyed
"What do you want Tsukassa?"

"I was just roaming by and got curious~"
He said suddenly floating towards me and in a matter of seconds he was just a few inches away from my nose.

He stared with wide eyes and a smile while I pressed myself back slightly uncomfortable but needless I glared back.

"Ohhhh~ I like you. You'll be more fun than this one it broke so easily!"
He chirped as a smirk formed making his wicked eyes darker. He held up Ink by its ears, it squirmed in pain.

"Are you mocking me?"
My glare travelled up to find his, my voice had an edge to it as I clutched onto my last remnants of calmness. What did this prick think he was doing here, bullying a Mokke just after I took over?

"Am I?"
He replied putting one finger to his cheek while giving me a toothy smile as he let go of the Mokke.

Goosebumps formed on my arm as I jolted forwards in a pathetic attempt to save it.

"Ehk!"
It yelped as it fell, and my hand grazed over its ear before clenching tightly.
I sucked in a breath with wide eyes as a disgusting splat noise echoed through the room.
SQUERKKK!

I was still stumbling forward when the realization hit, my hand was empty. Terrified my eyes flew shut as I lost my balance.

With tears at the brim of my lashes and my hair fluttering through the air the impact with the floor was seconds away.

"Hmpff"
I yelped as my fall was stopped and my head pushed into soft up and down heaving fabric, it was a chest.

My legs were dangling freely in the air as I was slowly slipping down.

Hands trailed up my back before gripping me softly to support me further and lean me more into my saviour.

I didn't want to open my eyes as I already knew into whose embrace I fell. Perhaps the floor wasn't that bad compared to this.

"INK!"
Mint's voice pierced through the air as it hurried towards the Mokke
"I'm sor-"
Ink's voice faded

"Shit- Ink is unconscious."
I could hear Cotton slightly losing its cool as its voice melted into the back.

"You're already in my arm? My, my you are a cute puppy. Way cuter than Mitsuba, the one you stole from me."
Tsukassas amused voice brought me back into the moment.

I could feel my rapid breath on my cheek as I exhaled into the fabric before lifting my head.

I looked down for a split second, we were floating quite high.

"Is that what this is about~ Jealous I stole your pet."
I taunted as a terrifying thought rose in my mind.

"Oh you don't gotta be~ I'll share him if you don't mind joining me."
I proposed knowing that the best I could do right now was stall or come to an agreement otherwise we were done for. We never thought Tsukassa would interfere anytime soon.