Some Little Snitch (Chapter 19)

"WaIT-"
I coughed out in my breaking voice

"Hmm?"
He hummed intrigued by what possibly I was going to say to justify what I had done, to stop him.

"Your assistant~ She's very cute, isn't she? Shame it would be if AaAnnYyThInngggg were to HAPPEN to her~"
His face sharpened at my words

"You're aware that I'll make soup out of you if you try anything."
He grumbled making me giggle

"Pffft, you've already lost. You see we are not physically threatening her. Ts, ts how short sighted~"
I explain with pure fake delight on my face as I moved my hand to boop his nose. He flinched slightly before freezing in realization

"Now- how about you move that knife from my throat?"
I asked, my confidence growing as I saw the flicker of doubt in his eyes

"Why should I believe you?"
He questioned as his haku-joudai moved toward my hands to pin them to the ground. I tugged at them and kicked out with my legs trying to escape the grip, it finally dawned on me that I was in a horrible position to make demands.

"H-HEY! UH, Are- areee you StUpiD or SOmetHing? If anything ha-happens to me Yashiro is in GRATE DANGER!"
Slight dizziness was working on making me nauseous and the sudden pumps of energy in my bones were making it hard to think straight.

"Oh- I can play that game too~ I'm sure you're buddies are willing to do what I say as long as this blade is near your throat. "
Hanako cued with a smirk making the blurred background noises finally fade in again.

I could hear the Mokke squeaking, Kou and Yashiro's frantic yelling and Akane's...dooming silence? Were the fuck was Akane even?

"HAH? NO? I mean No, they uh are trained not to. They- THEY won't! Believe me!"
I retorted with wide eyes as I felt like I was drowning in sweat, my face was warm, way too warm. But I finally had a plan, I just needed to remember I'm not alone anymore.

"Ohoho I can also do it your way! I'm sure you don't want the world to know you have a crush on Teru~"
All thoughts were wiped from my mind as the horrendous words touched my ears. How, when and WHO got the idea that I had a crush on TERU WHATT THHE FUUCKKK?!??

My lips parted in disbelief while struggling to find any words. Meanwhile, Hanakos face twisted into shock.
"HUHH? No way seriously YOU LIKE THAT GUY??? Are you some kind of Masochist? When I heard about that, I was sure it was just a rumour!"

"EHHHhhHh who the hell? No how did that become a thing? Who told you that?"
I yelled, this was ridiculous. He was everything I hated, the one who fueled my will for revenge. Who would spread such gossip?

"SO, SO IT'S REALLY TRUE?! You were blushing at your last encounter?"
He explained, now genuinely invested in the tea while in heart of all this stress, a chunk of my mind started to rott, Hanako was fully up to date with our plan.

"No! That's not why I was blushing! I was angry and- and my heart was pounding because I was scared!"
I continued to drag out our conversation my heart now pounding for different reasons. I wasn't too sure anymore if they would come to save me, after all, WE HAVE A TRAITOR AMONG US!

"Sounds awfully like you are into him~ This is truly tragic, a supernatural in love with an exorcist!"
He teased while putting his free hand on his head in a dramatic motion managing to piss me off even further.

"You really are working hard to get on my black list aren't you, pretty boy?
I've ALREADY TOLLED YOU THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS!"
I exclaim, my comment taking him by surprise

"p-pretty boy...?"
He mumbled, his blade still firm against my throat but his eyes were now avoiding mine. A small hue of pink glittered over his cheeks, geez he was easily flustered.