Dirty Little Traitor (Chapter 24)

Ink's eye became cold the cries stopping in an instant. The last few tears ran down dropping and staining the cushion as silence passed.

"You actually did it... didn't you?"
Mint's voice was drained of any emotion.

I was a mess, but my exhaustion was washed over by another surge of adrenalin. I grabbed both Mokke by the back of their necks, like a mother cat and separated them.

"DId yOu...interrogate Yashiro and Kou?"
I question not being sure what to believe as it struggled in the air for me to let it down, helplessly pocking around with its knife.

"Of course how do you think-"
It ranted when Ink suddenly spoke up making me look at it in disbelief.
"You know- Mint isn't wrong..."

Tears welled in my vision...Ink, who would have thought that- this nervous little guy would...NO I NEEDED AN EXPLANATION NOW!

"I told you, now FuCKinG let me down AND TIE INK UP!!!"
I gently put down the angry Mokke and then held Ink in both my hands, uncertainty filled me with dread as I waited for Ink to explain itself.

The seconds moved on into moments, draining my soul with its silence. My heart flickered as I finally spoke up, ripping through the tension in the air
"I'm waiting- won't you give us a reason?"

Another painful moment passed and I could feel the tears breaking past my lashes. I blinked them away as suddenly it spoke up faintly
"What i-is there to say...I messed up."

It gulped with a strained tone keeping itself from crying.
"Time and time again. Everything that I tried to do right...I-...I MaDE WoRSE!"

Hot liquid was now tickling my cheeks while I bit the inside of my mouth to keep myself together. What was I supposed to feel anger, sadness or grief?

"You really did it? Y-you aren't even going to deny it or anything, wh-wHY?!"
My voice came out as a forced cry my expression twisting to anger with my vision distorting the world into coloured blobs.

My mind flashed to the day I was caught, how hopeful I was to get away from the Minamoto house. It didn't work but surely my friends would come help me out...help me out? HELP ME OUT! NO OnE THEy all LeFT me TO RoTt!

No, no I can't blame them it's- It'S NoT ThEir FaUlt!
Why am I thinking about that right now, is it because a part of me believes...they betrayed me?

"You traitor..."
My voice was dead, my mind dazed with memories. I wasn't present in the scene anymore, I had lost myself in my head.

"I guess it can't be helped."
A voice faded into my consciousness bringing me back into the moment.

"All this overflow of emotions- bleh makes me wanna puke. Get yourself together guys. Also, Ink we aren't asking, we are demanding an answer. Your fate is screwed over from here on anyway."
Cotton spoke, authority filling its tone as it pulled out a rope from its fur, genuinely WHAT ELSE DID IT HAVE IN THERE?!?

In the blink of an Eye, I had lowered the ghost so the fluffy Mokke could tie it up. Biting my lip I rubbed my sleeve over my eyes, drying them and then returned my gaze to Ink full of fury.

Soon the little traitor was tied down to a chair. On it were placed a taser, a bucket of water, a knife, some chilli peppers and a box of matches.

Mint was standing beside the Mokke with its pocket knife in hand.
Ink backed itself further against the seat as its chest heaved up and down with heavy breaths, a few pearls of sweat rolling down its body.

Cotton stood in front of it an almost sadistic look in its eyes
"We don't gotta make this worse than it is Ink~ I suggest you start talking before you force us to get- creative~"