Push or Pull?! (Chapter 35)

She scoffs almost laughing as if this was the funniest thing she ever heard. 

Dismissively she waves her hand while elaborating with a cheeky grin.
"No, no I simply want to hear more. The absence of your weapons is striking, you know."

She perfectly aimed to get on his nerves, he didn't show it on his face but his words came out faster and straighter to the point than ever before.
"That pest took my Katana, does that ring a bell for you?"

For a second she freezes, blinking as if she must have misheard.

"Now that....is something truly intriguing~"
She seemingly regained her composure quickly.

And yet there must have been something to those words judging from what she offered next.
"...knowing you we won't be done with this any time soon. Care to take a seat?"

This was a subtle hint, that she wanted to talk to him without Kou and me around, considering the only free table had no more than two seats.

Teru sighed annoyed looking around for said table, it was some steps away from the counter, near a window.

Kou and I stayed at the counter, the air very, very stiff as we let them have their talk without us.

Though never spoken out loud, Kou and I both felt something peculiar going on between the two.

Each breath I currently took was worth nothing as my thoughts spiralled into cruel fantasies about how I could satisfy this lurking wrath in my vanes.

If I perhaps ripped them out or buried my hands in the organs of those who betrayed me, this crushing feeling would stop.

We stood in silence, dim murmurs travelling through the usually lively atmosphere allowing me to overhear their conversation.

"Even weaponless I wouldn't underestimate you, so you can count me out. For Mint, I haven't seen the Mokke since yesterday morning"
The shop owner shrugs when suddenly my attention is grabbed by something odd.

In the corner of my eye, I saw the door to the forbidden room open, the same room where this all began.

Out poked a head, warily looking left and right before sneaking out and closing the door gingerly.

It was a person, a guy presumably with his face covered by a mask a very strange one at that.

He had brown wolf-cut hair and a lean figure.

Immediately he noticed my glare, turning his head in my direction.
However, I couldn't tell if the masked stranger was making eye contact or looking at the young exorcist right beside me.

An awkward staring contest followed for a hot minute till Kou raised his head from the counter and finally took note of the weirdo.

"Isn't that?"
Kou muttered as the person hurriedly turned away and started mixing into the crowd.

"Do you know this person?"
I ask the blond, intrigued by the stranger.

Somewhat lost in thoughts he answers.
"If...I'm not mistaken, that should be Minka's brother but-"

My warped thoughts stopped for a moment as I gasped surprised.
"Minka's what!?"

Some heads turn in our direction after my small outburst and I'm quickly shushed by Kou.

"You might not have known since he went missing quite a bit ago."
He whispers putting a hand to his mouth and I do the same as I answered.
"He did? Whoah, that is a lot that Minka kept from me....Shouldn't we follow him? Like, he just popped out of nowhere!"