Mint's Other Side (Chapter 23)

It jumped onto the table and frantically tried putting all the art supplies away while it rushed its words
"It'sNot-I-Ididn'tDoThis! You see my friends use this place too and they really like to paint! Now you might be wondering why there are posters on my wall..."
Cotton took a second to breathe and probably to come up with an excuse
"I just collected them because I thought they were nice-"
Mint who had jumped up the table by now stopped Cotton from uttering any more nonsense by putting its paw on the other's mouth.

"Don't even try talking your way out of this."
The turquoise-stained Mokke grumbled with an I don't take bullshit face.

Cotton stared into the other Mokkes eyes not looking away, like the perfect scammer it was. But it couldn't hide the deep pink that had formed on its cheeks and the pearls of sweat rolling down its body.

"I feel like I'm watching some romance K drama but with Mokke."
I threw my words into the scene but was totally ignored...

"Ah-ah-ah~ Minty I know you don't like being wrong but-"
Cotton said in a sly tone removing the other's paw from its face, a certain flair burned in both their eyes.

Mint looked unimpressed as it talked over the other Mokke while slowly getting closer
"This time I'm not wrong either."

With each step the other got nearer it took a trembling step back, flinching as it arrived at the end of its way, the wall.

Cotton gulped trying to come up with something when Mint slammed its paw beside the other's head.

"Changing the topic won't save you, you've been getting on my nerve with your careless acts for a while now."
The cold Mokkes voice was aggressive, laced with bottled-up emotions.

"Am I supposed to be seeing this?!"
My heart skipped a few beats at the tension-filled air. My Mokke brain panicked at the thought of me misinterpreting the moment, where they flirting or fighting? Perhaps....BOTH?!

"Gh- I uhhm"
Cotton stuttered turning more flustered with the moment, indeed a seldom sight.

It broke eye contact to awkwardly gaze at the floor when it finally mumbled.
"Sorry"

Mint sighed rolling its eyes seeming even more irritated than before
"Do you know what you did? Sticking around these posters is the reason we are so well known...This puts us all at risk."

"Look I just- couldn't help myself. The rumours would have spread by themselves anyway."
Cotton crouched under the other Mokkes arm. Successfully escaping the kabedon. Now it pushed its head with a feisty spark into Mint's face the second it turned around 
"Due to this at least most Mokke are on our side and we had enough helpers to form an army, do you think this would have been possible without me?"

"It got a point!"
I commented still feeling like a third wheel

"YOU'RE BOTH RECKLESS IDIOTS!"
Mint snapped, honestly we had it coming. Mint always was calculated, calm and street smart mostly doing my job, being a leader for me.

It probably was tiring needing to carry this operation on its back but on the other hand, no one was making it do it. It could be more open and ask for our help and yet it didn't.

"Sometimes you need to be a bit reckless Mint! You're so careful all the time we don't know anything about you. It makes me wonder what you are trying to hide so bad? What did you do in your past that you keep locked up so carefully-"

"That's enough Cotton. Let's discuss this when we've all cooled down a bit, shall we?"
I finished my sentence glancing over to Mint. The hair on my neck stood up as I saw the Mokkes dead angry looking gaze, there was definitely murderous intent behind those eyes.