A Devil In The Angel's Eye (Chapter 43)

I exchanged no further words with him, the winner being clear. With the snap of my finger, the guards started dragging him.

"That's ridiculous! I won't go along with this!"
He yelled but I didn't bother replying to let it sink in how useless his cries were. They didn't mean anything to me, except victory.

Metal poked against him forcing him to move, no matter how much he struggled, there was nothing he could do. The guards continued pushing him as he cursed before ultimately shutting up.

That was probably the moment he accepted it too.

I closed my eyes, leaned back and focused on the cheers. I could imagine the bright future ahead to well.

I peeked through my lashes to see who next was brought forward but when I did I could feel fear form in me.

Beautiful snow locks with a hint of green and the kindest eyes, now ruined as they stared at me with hatred.

The feeling quickly grew in my pounding heart as with every step she took it felt like she was stripping me further from my power.

I wasn't surprised at her anger so why did it still hurt? I thought this feeling would drown in my victory but it stayed.

After trampling over the trust and kindness she offered me, I couldn't dare long for forgiveness. That was a train long gone, one in which she left and I never would be allowed on again.

So I better not let it show, no matter how much I longed to apologize, it would be useless.

She kneeled in front of me without resistance. She would have done so full of pride if only I....no if only I had been offered an easier path.

"I hope you are happy."
She spoke bitterly and no matter how much I forced the smile on my face to grow it didn't change the underlying strained tone in my voice.
"Happier than ever."

"Why am I here, did I do anything wrong?"
Yashiro asked, tilting her head up at me, before averting her eyes and adding a quick.
"Except trusting you."

The question put me on the spot as I wracked my brain for something she had done. A little sweat built on my forehead as my mind drew blanks.

"You are here...."
I started, trying to fill the silence as I raised a finger with my clammy hand.
The light continued to shine on me patiently waiting for me to continue.
"...for nothing really."

I felt like the devil when an angel sat in front of me. Guilt lingered, stopping me from calling out her sins.

She raised a brow at my reply as I shot the management on the side of the stage a dirty glare. The Mokke scattered in every direction trying to get out of my field of view.

"Someone is getting fired."
I murmur, running a hand through my hair awkwardly.

"Should be you."
I thought I heard her mumble for a second.

"Excuse me?"
I inquire and she wastes no time
"I should have never believed you! Is this what you want, to bully everyone just because you got bullied?!"

I blinked at her a little surprised, it looked like she wasn't up to date with my change in motive. Perhaps there still was hope for me, thanks to that ginger dork.

"That's no longer my plan."
I try to explain but she cuts in angrily.
"Do you actually think I'll fall for the same lie twice?"

"You don't need to believe me but I'm trying to be better."
I say, my voice cracking a little.

An awkward silence passed before she spoke up still mistrusting me.
"Why the sudden change?"

My cheeks lighted up a little, admitting this in front of everyone wasn't planned but what else could I do?
"I realized my measures may have been a little too drastic. Perhaps not everyone is an ass. I used to think you were the only exception in this world."