My Blessing Was Your Curse (Chapter 37)

"What were you thinking?"
He scolded in a pissed tone.

"Huh?! What do you mea-"
I snap back but it only takes him one sigh to shut me up.

"Tch- you are so fucking oblivious."
His tone was strained as he rubbed his temples.

"Explain instead of insulting me dumbass!"
I grumbled standing up which made a vane pop up on his head.

"I can't believe this, I can't believe I sacrificed so much for an imbecile useless dork."
He angrily sighed into his hand while doing his best to contain his rage.

My eyes narrow at him as I grumble.
"Did you just come here to talk down on me while hidden behind a mask, is it that you are scared that I'll come after you when I see your ugly ass face, because believe me I will."

"Yeah right as if you, the useless king could do that~"
He taunted rubbing salt into my wound as I raised a brow somewhat intrigued.
"So you know who I am. Alright, spit it out, what is going on?"

He scoffs heavily.
"You haven't realized yet, you're a pawn in this game of kings and so am I."

"A pawn?"
I tilt my head. What was this weirdo on about?

"Well, I'm more like an accomplice of the person pulling the strings, or at least I was till I saved your ass."
He stated bitterly as if he regretted his decision.

I stayed silent not sure what was going on, so I waited for him to elaborate.

"I guess this is it. So much for my perfect plan, now I have to pull through with this..."
He mumbled as if he was speaking with himself, his hand grazing over his mask thoughtfully.

"Ok, that is enough, who are you!?"
I yell stomping over to him and reaching for the object covering his face. He backed off evading my attempt but the string tying it around his head was still within my reach.

I latch onto it swiftly undoing its bow. In a split-second reaction, his hand travels to hold the mask in place.

His head turns to me, anger radiating from him when suddenly he straightened up. Beside me was the bookshelf and I didn't hesitate to pull out a novel and launch it at him.

CRSHHHHHH!

The loud shattering rattled through the room as he ducked and instead, the book hit some fancy glass box with some dried flowers inside that now laid in little pieces.

"....Minka will dunk me in Nitric acid for this."
He mumbled his gaze landing on the damage.

My ears perked up at that.
"Is that so~"
I spoke with a mischievous smile playing on my lips as I leaned back against the shelf and my hand wrapped around a little wine glass that was placed on a book. Which had been heavily stained by some red colour.

I could see him freeze as he read my thoughts.
"DON'T!"
He shouted only making this more fun.

CLINK!!!!!!

I pushed the glass down like a naughty cat and it broke into little bits.

He clenched his fists and I couldn't help but taunt.
"Is someone angry?"

"Ohh, you are pushing it!"
He started to stomp over to me as I smirked and replied.

"Quite literally~"

I had to keep my laughter and screams in as he attempted to grab me but I slipped away last second and lost my balance. I try to hold onto him and end up pulling us both down.

Groaning I picked myself up and scattered over to the desk to get another fancy little thing to break. As I did I picked up a shard of glass and placed it in my pocket, it might come in handy.