Cold Sweat (Chapter 11)

After a bit of walking and hopping through boundaries, we were back at the Candy-Bar. Cotton together with the rest of the crew decided to watch over Mitsuba while I and Mint went back to the school to finish our original mission.

"That was unexpected..."
I started as we were back at the school wandering through the hallway. Classes were about to end in a few minutes.

"Yep, as if it was fate for us to catch him."
Mint answered

"It might just be fate that we take over this school. I mean did you ever actually expect us to go this far- Us a few cowardly Mokke."
I continued while pointing at me as we arrived in front of Yashiros and Akane's classroom.

"Not...in a HUNDRED years! But you and I always were different, you know you say that you are cowardly which yes you sometimes are but you are braver and more determined than any other Mokke I ever met."
Mint rambled as it comfortably sat on my shoulder

"Pff you make it sound as if we are wolves in sheep's clothing. But one thing I give to you- you truly are special. Dare I say the smartest Mokke and best comrade I could have met!"
I said cheerfully and awkward silence passed us as it didn't reply.

Confused I looked towards my shoulder wondering if I said something wrong only to see it hiding its face.

"Is- Mint so flustered over that comment, damn cute."
I thought as for a second I caught it rubbing its tears away

"Ehhhhhk!"
Mint suddenly screeched making my heart jump and quite possibly me too

"Teru around the corner, quick hide!"
Mint jabbered as it clung to my shoulder in fear. My heartbeat was as fast as my uncoordinated breath, unregulated and quick I ran through the hallway and stumbled around the corner.

I ducked down my senses on edge, sweat slowly dripping down my face and eyes starting to become teary from the heat in my face.

"(Y/n), c-calm down it's fine. I don't think- he saw us."
The Mokke exhaled as it tried to take deep breathes

A loud ringing slowly started to sneak into my senses as I tried steadying my breath. Sounds of steps filled the hallway and soon students passed by as I peeked around the corner.

After a short scan through the crowd, my eyes locked on Akane who was talking to Teru. Both of them looked on edge even though their conversation seemed calm. Together they started walking in the same direction as most students did.

"It's lunch break many students are going to the cafeteria."
Mint's voice ripped me out of my thoughts

"I bet these two eat lunch in their council room. In the cafeteria, they would get swarmed. I already see three girls and two guys following them."
I answered still observing them as they walk over to the stairs soon disappearing out of my sight

"Teru sure is popular amongst Humans, too bad that all that is just a facade to hide his real self."
I continue making my friend answer quickly

"I don't think it's all a facade, he might not be that bad if you are, well not a supernatural. "

I turn towards the little Mokke my eyes focused on its green discolouration
"Are you defending him?"

"No! You are getting defensive. A point is a point don't get so mad about it."
It spoke clearly

"... maybe whatever. I'll never forgive him, even if he changed. I don't care the damage is done already "
I said trying to look unfazed

"Forgiveness is a strength you know? Showing that you are strong by taking revenge isn't strength."
It said making me wonder what it thought about me.
Parting my lips for a second I take a small breath before answering
"I'm not only doing this for myself. I'm doing it for every Mokke who has suffered."