Celebration On Dooms Day (Chapter 34)

---

We walked along the sidewalk in the blazing noon sun. Occasionally cars rushed by in a lazy Sunday mood and Crickets creaked in the grass.

Teru was positioned a few steps behind me together with the youngest, and the wannabe exorcist was walking beside me.

"Move faster Teru! Anna will eat all the snacks if we don't hurry!"
Tiara whined as she tugged on Teru's hand to drag him faster.

"I'm sure she won't."
He replied while getting dragged making me and Bubble who was sitting on my shoulder sigh.

Chances of escape by running away were slim but never zero, though not if I could feel the glares from the oldest burn my back.

"Look we are almost there!"
Kou says from beside me when suddenly he starts dashing towards a house with a blue roof while yelling
"Last one there is a broken chair!"

My lips tug up as I yell back and run after him
"Hey! Unfair much!"

He was fast but I gradually was catching up. Now just in arms reach he looks behind at me with a grin and sticks out his tongue.

"You little-"
I mumble while reaching out to grab the back of his shirt, my hands grazed over it but just before I could grip it he went even faster.

I tried my best to catch up as he jumped over the the small gate to the house.

Just as I reached it he already was at the steps of the front door.
I jumped over the garden gate while he already rang the doorbell.

I bend over to catch my breath as the small devil and its older brother finally came running through the gate too, not jumping but opening it.

A middle-aged smiling woman opened the door and greeted Kou beside her was a kiddo that Tiara immediately came running towards.

"Oh, Teru dear it's good to see you."
The woman greets and starts some friendly small talk with the two, meanwhile, the kids already rushed off into the house.

"They look distracted~"
Bubble whispers as I look at them baffled.

"They indeed do...do ya think we should?"
I mumble while carefully tip-toeing backwards out of the gate.

"What if they are testing us? They can't be this stupid."
The mokke suggested and I reply
"Testing if we are too scared to run away? Well guess I'm getting full marks!"

"Full marks in the minus direction!"
Bubble adds on as I turn around and look down the street and start casually walking away not wanting to make too much sound and get their attention.

"Oh, isn't that your friend? Does he not want a Chocolate cookie before he goes?"
"Wait- he's gone?"
I could barely hear them chat as my heart dropped into my pants. Or I just wet myself...perhaps both.

"Code red! Code red!"
Bubble shouts as I pick up speed with nothing but fear and panic boosting me.

I was decently familiar with the area, further down this road would be a crossing after it, a busy shopping centre where I could lose them in the crowd.

"Hey! Stop now and I'll be gentle!"
Teru yells after us and I just shake my head while keeping up the speed.

Adrenalin was now taking over, sending surges of energy through my legs and arms. I look back and see that we got a good head start on them but they were catching up, especially Kou who I already knew was faster than me.

"Why do you gotta make this so hard, WHY?!"
Kou whined as he gradually got closer and Teru who was falling behind released his bracelet, which was doing a decent job of creeping me out.