High And Mighty (Chapter 33)

"You aren't half that scary without your fancy Katana."
I tease knowing that Kou would back me up if it escalated.

"Oh? Is that a challenge?"
He puts his hand on my shoulder making me side-eye it with a not-so-confident smile anymore.

"I can make you regret it right now! Ask Akane he knows how much worse I can be, he might even say death is a mercy."
He takes off his bracelet which is stretched longer as he holds it like a belt.

I didn't wanna back out and look like a chicken but DAyUMm did it sound like a good option right now.

Despite my hands feeling uncomfortably sticky I kept my demeanour up. Sure I was scared shit less but if my theory is right this was a gold opportunity to annoy the heck out of this bastard.

"All bark no bite, what is something holding you back~ Don't tell me you are scared?"
I push further, he seemed to be restraining himself knowing his brother would disapprove.

I wonder how much till he would crack-....OH HECK NAH!

Instant regret flooded my mind as the bracelet now was attaching itself to the ceiling and I could Oh too well guess what would happen next. I nervously glanced over to Kou who caught my gaze but he just looked away with a sweat pearl.

Seriously he was leaving me hanging?! Quite literally!
Even though he looked somewhat guilty his face spelt 'you put yourself into this'.

I gulped going into full panic mode.

"Hey!"
Tiara chimed in with a yell getting between us. I took the opportunity to hide behind the kid and use her as a shield while she continued to preach
"Don't be mean to him."

Finding my act of cowardice distasteful it showed on his face.

"Princes I know what I'm doing."
He says giving her a quick smile but she only sighs disappointed
"Must I do everything myself?"

She gently took her older brother's hand and then grabbed me from behind her and dragged me forward.

"Arghh what are you-"
My resistance was useless against the inhuman strength of this girl and the slight energy charge that I could feel pulse through her small hand left a chill in my bones.

Slowly she brought my hand and his together while proudly saying.
"Shake hands and apologize, my teacher taught me this! It always works!"

"Huh!?"
He and I gasp at the same time.

"N-no way! I'm not touching his hand!"
I protest while tugging at it till she lets go. A look of confusion formed on her features.

"Why not?"
She wondered, pouting.
Her blue eyes glistened with hope and her lips quivered with sadness.

From the side of my eye I noticed Teru's brows furrow, I gulp before giving her my hand back.

"If that's what you want, sure~"
The Exorcist replies with a smile as the girl turns to him with a sudden cheer.
"Yay!"

My hand trembles as Tiara brings them closer when suddenly she stops and looks at me.

"You are shaking...did he do something?"
She asks the suspicion in her voice clear as she side-eyed him.

I stay quiet for a moment as a light bulb pops up over my head. I could feel a smirk tugging at my lips but I bit it down.

"In truth..."
I looked down while speaking weakly.

"You can tell me."
She pushed further concerned.
"He's been bullying me all this time, he even pushed me!"
I say feeling tears build up in my eyes.