I Rule The World (Chapter 45)

Suddenly the door flew open and Ink, Bubble, and Cotton marched in holding flowers, gifts and candies which they must have received from the others out there.

My brows knitted, regretting not staying with them and instead rushing here. My mood was down in the dumps already, stressed, paranoid, embarrassed and now the interaction with Akane was the icing on top.

I took another deep breath, attempting to keep my over-cooking anger in.
"What happened, where were the guards?"
My voice was harsher than I wanted it to be.

"The crowd, there were so many. The guards helped us keep them somewhat under control."
My teeth clenched as Bubble explained, not taking note of my tense posture.

"I could have died!!!"
I complain anger more in my tone than before.

The Mokke shrugged a little too occupied examining their gifts.
"As dramatic as ever~"
Cotton joked light-heartedly, not taking me seriously at all, as it pushed the objects into its furr where they disappeared.

The others chuckled making me glare at them. But once again their attention wasn't on me. I averted my gaze in an attempt to distract myself.
Knowing it wasn't fare to explode at them.

"Tch- go ahead and ignore me, whatever! Where is the candy?"
I grumble, crossing my arms. I felt like a child keeping myself from throwing a temper tantrum when Yashiro spoke up, shaking her head.
"Bad Mokke don't get candy."

SNAP, went the sound of my imaginary string of self-control as little threads ripped in half but it still hung.

"What are you, my mother?"
I roll my eyes. Did they all not know their place, did they really need me to put them back in it?

"If I were I'd make sure you'd be grounded for the rest of your life."
She replies a bit too smugly and a little too sure that she has some kind of control over me.

SNAP, the last thread went.

"You all seem to have forgotten something."
My tone grew agitated letting out all that had upset me, if not even more.

"I command, YOU obey!"
My voice was more than just harsh and it seemed to have startled everyone in the room. All their attention now focused on me, as it should be.

I approached Yashiro who took two nervous steps back till I stood in front of her, staring the girl down.

"Leave her al-"
The ghost boy cut in and I shot him an ice-cold glare.

"Guards."
I ordered and this time, the door fell open as they stormed in. The two of them came marching towards me without delay. Former Number 7 stayed silent, gritting his teeth. He so far was the only one who seemed to understand just how much trouble they were in.

The armed Mokke positioned themselves, one on each of my side both of them pointing their sharp weapons at her.

"If I say, hold out your hand, you do it~"
I said in a sweeter tone, enjoying the taste of authority.

She gulped despite her tough act. I hold out my hand, ready to shatter her facade and see just how scared she was.
"Come on, I don't need to repeat myself, do I?"
I urged with a sadistic smirk.

She didn't reply, biting her lip in anger as she slowly lifted her hand to place it in mine. Just before her fingers connected with my palm she hesitated so I grabbed her hand roughly. She winced as my hand wrapped around hers, noting how her arm trembled and goosebumps formed on her soft skin.

"Simple isn't it~"
I stated my pressure on her hand increasing but her expression didn't change.

"So, where are the treats?"
I ask, checking if she understood but it looked like she wouldn't back down easily, I liked that. However, right now that was a risky thing to do.