A Week Full Of Paranoia (Chapter 44)

I stood up straight, holding my hands behind my back and announced.
"I don't take treason lightly, so if you see your head on a wanted poster don't be surprised, Mint~"

I missed him...but I shouldn't. He used me, manipulated me, and chose his own gain over the revolution. He needs to be put in his place.

My lungs felt tight and I had to force myself to continue.
"But I think you know that."

After all a search party led by Cotton had been sent out to drag him to trial but they returned empty-handed.

No matter who they asked or where they searched, it was like he vanished.

"Mint is easily recognizable, he's a human with a green scar on his right eye. Whoever brings him to me alive will be generously rewarded."
On cue, as I finish my sentence wanted posters are thrown into the crowd by the management team.

The flyers yet fresh and new, smelling of paint, gliding to the ground would soon be worn, torn and dirty as I waited for the day to see him again.

Applause and whistles ended my speech leaving me to wave and smile happily.

The curtains closed, hiding me behind them and the others got up from their seats.

"HECK yeah!!! You did it (y/n)!"
Bubble cheered running over to me and jumping into my arms.

"Whoah, whoah calm there comrade."
I reply catching it last second.

Meanwhile Cotton and Ink stifled a laugh.

"Pft- She really showed you."
The fluffy Moke laughs and the purple one adds.
"How embarrassing-"

"Uh- ThIs nEvEr hApPenEd, AlRIghT!"
I screech back but they only nod still in a laughing fit.

"And it was broadcasted!"
Bubble chimes amused and I look back at it betrayed.

"SUsH aLl oF YoU!"
I grumble, a pink still resting on my cheeks.

"Is that an order your majesty?~"
Cotton teases and I scoff
"What if it is?"

"Eyy, that goes against the bro code."
It snaps and Ink nods.
"You can't use your power against us."

"Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda-"
Bubble says in a seductive voice making us all gasp.

"Not you too Bubble!!!"
Ink cries concerned and I raise a brow.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"
The Mokke in my arms giggles.

"What did you mean 'Too'?"
I ask wondering if there was someone else.

"Oooo, uh I just misspoke."
Ink says scratching its head while Cotton shoots it a knowing look.

Ok, there was something I didn't know about. But before I could dig further we decided to head back to Cottons hideout.

As we walked back through the sketchy boundaries my satisfaction started to fade. How could I rest easy when that blondie was still out there?

What if Kou didn't manage to hold Teru back?

My days are numbered...and each second time is running out. I should believe in Kou, but it didn't look like he'd win this argument.

I Should act before it's too late. After all, I only promised to give back the Katana not that I wouldn't do something against that pesky exorcist.

It's not evil either since that guy is a valid threat.
I clenched my teeth in dismay, knowing Kou would disapprove.

"Guys, what should I do?"
I speak up, stopping in our tracks.