Firefly (Chapter 39)

Minka IS an exorcist and that also explains why Mint too could see and touch supernaturals.

From the way she was acting, one would say she was scared to fight Teru head-on and thus chose to blackmail him.

But that's not what my gut told me, she was toying with him. She knows that in a fight she could win but therefore perhaps lose him as a customer and so she chooses to do it this way instead.

However, Teru wouldn't mess with her and steal her stuff if he couldn't handle himself either.

How could I have not seen? I was sandwiched between TWO monsters pushing me back and forth like the little pawn I was.

If I ever wanted to win this, I had to grow way stronger and I needed every help I could get.

"Are you planning to stand here forever?!"
Ink yelled upon entering this room snapping me out of my thoughts.

"We couldn't hold him back any longer!"
The little Mokke explained and I felt like scratching the thought of 'every help I could get'. Why was this little shit even here?

....but then again was it really such a little shit or was I just cruel?

If I had to choose between Bubble and someone else, I too would have chosen my friend. That was clear to me now.

And so did Ink.

...even if I understand I can't just forgive it either.

I rushed back towards the selling area but I was late....he was long gone and the others were tied together by his infamous bracelet in some corner. Which meant he wouldn't be able to use it on me at least.

I scanned the area for Kou, the mere thought of him making me nauseous but nevertheless, he probably had an idea of where I could find the journal.

The boy was still tied up and I approached him quickly. As I did my hands felt clammy and my heart raced uncontrollably.

I wouldn't see another day to Rule the world if Teru is faster than me.

"Forget it, I'm not telling YOU aNyTHiNg."
He hissed already knowing what I wanted. Instinctively my hand swooshed into my pocket to pull out the shard of glass.

Why did I have to do this once again?! Hadn't I hurt him enough already!?

I bit my lip and looked down to consider my options for a moment.
My heartbeat thumped in my ears as I spoke up aggressively.
"I don't have time for this right now!"

I looked back at the boy my hand trembling with the thought of what I had almost done to him before.

"GO AHEAD THIS IS WHAT YOU DO BEST, RIGHT!"
I flinched as he yelled out while breaking into tears of anger.

I gulped carefully taking a step back.

Is this what I had set up my fate to be?

"Is that how you see me?"
I almost sounded hysterical. But then I remembered the blood I had trickled down my hand before that now stained my clothes.

This is what I had done.

I felt a little woozy as my gaze landed on his still untreated injured hand.
I almost killed him....
The one person who bandaged me up, apologized to me, and tried to help me but I was too furious to control myself?!

My knees felt numb and I was starting to lose balance a bit.
He had been so kind to me the night before.

"I'm, I'm sorry!"
My voice was cracking as I continued.
"I really am Kou, I just was, was so overwhelmed by everything!"