BACK IN HELL (Chapter 29)

White noise rang in my ears as black turned into coloured blobs. It stung in my head as I hazily sat up and rubbed my eyes.

Slowly the mash of light melted into a sharp picture and the first thing I made out was a familiar red couch.

The sight of it made my skin crawl and shook my head awake with a rapid heartbeat.

I looked around frantically while running a hand through my hair which now felt shorter.

The room was filled with old Japanese furniture, occasionally there were a few things newer like a TV and the sofa but overall it was traditional.

I knew this place too well, it was where this nightmare started, back in hell!

With a sliding sound, the paper door to this room was pushed open. I snapped my head in the direction, trembling at the thought of who might stand there.

"You're AWAKE!"
The voice of the blond boy boomed through the room as he rushed over to me with a tray in hand.
Surprisingly my muscles relaxed as I saw him.

"You don't say-"
I mumble raspily as he placed it on the table in front of me, on it were medical supplies and a glass jug filled with juice together with some cups.

Kou silently filled two with juice while my eyes were glued to the bandages on the tray. That was enough to trigger the burning sensation of electricity creeping through my flesh.

My eyes widened as I flinched in pain, there was no current flowing through me currently but I could feel burns from before left on my arms and neck.

The scene of Mint's cold eyes started playing over and over in my mind, making tears wet my lashes.

No matter what I needed to do, I would find that traitor and rip it to fucking shreds with my bare hands.

Having mentally caught up to why exactly I was here again fear twisted my stomach.

"WhAt's tHe MEaNinG oF ThiS?"
I grumble as I pressed myself against the sofa and clenched onto the fabric.

Fear, rage and panic mixed in my eyes as he looked at me confused.
Then his expression turned sympathetic as he held a glass of juice towards me.

"Calm down, I won't hurt you."
He spoke softly making me narrow my eyes at the cup. My throat was dry as sand, each word scrapped away at it so despite my caution I took the glass with a shaky hand.
I carefully sniffed at it, the smell of mango juice became apparent and immediately I gulped down the cup. My thirst wasn't satisfied yet but it was good enough because there was no way I was going to ask for another cup.

I wiped my mouth and looked at him confused before asking
"Then- why am I here? If you don't your psycho brother will put an end to me!"

"Hey, quit that attitude. He won't do anything, I talked to him before remember?"
He explained while slightly offended at my use of words.

"Ah right, he is planning to turn me back!"
I blurted out, it now made sense why they were keeping me here.

"Well yeah, We can't just let you go after all the trouble you caused."
Kou said while sipping on his cup.

"Trouble that I CAUSED?! No, I was delivering justice-"
I spoke but bit my tongue as he suddenly grabbed my collar. I dropped my glass in surprise but it didn't break since it landed on fabric.

"JUSTICE?! You call threatening me and my innocent friend's justice?!"
He snapped with furrowed brows. I was completely taken off guard by his sudden outrage and it showed on my face.

Thinking back I see why he is angry, Yashiro and Mistuba had nothing to do with this but whatever, it was a small sacrifice for my goal.

But I wouldn't dare say that in his face and instead remained silently glaring, which was an answer in itself.