A Strange Help (Chapter 36)

The noise around me was cancelled out by my heartbeat and with all my strength which was not much left, I pushed the thin metal through skin.

There was some resistance. I could feel my heartbeat in my hands as the flesh slowly sliced.

My breath came out shaky as I prepared for a hot liquid to run down my hand. I didn't want to-

Goosebumps spread over my body, it tickled and dribbled down my knife onto my wrist. I shook my head in denial as the lukewarm liquid flowed down my arm.

I gulped nausea spreading in my gut like wildfire as the blond's pained whines caught my attention.

My other hand flew to my mouth, I felt sick to the point of wanting to vomit out my intestines.

My eyes wouldn't open anymore, I tried, I TRIED but they only squeezed shut tighter till I saw patterns as if my mind was protecting me from the gruesome sight I had created.

My body trembled with the urge to run, adrenalin pumping through every blood cell till I felt feverish.
I NeED tO RuN! RUN! RUN!!!!

Smoke clogged my head luring me into a sense of drowsiness, one in which I had no control of my actions, thoughts or body.

As if in a dream.

A hand dug into my wrist forcing me out of it. My eyes shot open, the counter was nearing drastically as my head was being pushed down.

My armed hand was twisted behind my back and my face slammed into the sturdy wood.

It felt like a hammer crashed against my forehead and my cheekbones rubbed against the rough surface scratching up my smooth skin.

My thoughts shattered into confusion hadn't I just...?

I groaned feeling my head spin, Kou no longer was in front of me instead he was behind me holding me down.

It seems I didn't stab him, instead last second he stopped my knife with his bare palm.

Tears wetted the wood under me from pain and perhaps some relief that I hadn't done what I thought.

"Argh, let go!"
I struggled as my face was pressed down harder and he pulled at my arm just a little more till it felt like it would snap out of its socket.

The knife dropped out of my hand as I groaned in pain.
"Teru was right..."
I could hear him say through his heavy breathing.

"I tried so hard to help you! I'm seriously some special kind of fool."
He spoke without shouting but I know his throat hurt as he said that.

"Let me go or y-your secret is out!"
I desperately threaten which only makes him increase the pressure.

"AS IF I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT NOW!"
He yelled each word filled with hatred.

My lungs tightened as if they were being sewed shut, no word could form....'I'm sorry you are right' That line played in my head but wouldn't come out instead another one battled it 'You deserve this'.

His hand in my hair stayed tight but I still attempted to push against it, it hurt and just as I lifted my head a bit it slammed down again back into the counter.

My breath shook as I struggled to keep in whimpers. I was wheezing in pain and drowning in tears when suddenly I heard rapid footsteps approaching...this was it.

Trying to accept my fate I attempt to stop my tears even through the burning aching that rested in my every limb.

I blinked in surprise and pushed myself up from the counter when out of nowhere the weight pressing me down disappeared.