Free From My Collar (Chapter 20)

"Mint, don't ask stupid questions right now and get the sealed cage!"
The fluffy Mokke commanded making the other reply with a nod
"Right, hey you! Go grab that Golden bird cage out of the closet there."

"Sealed cage?"
I questioned

"You surely have seen them before. It's a small birdcage with a talisman on it. At the hanger, a red rope usually is tied in the form of a bow by the person locking a supernatural item or being away. Unless the rope is removed by the person who tied it, it can't be opened. Skilled exorcists might be able to break it though. "
My green-stained Comrade explained as another Mokke walked towards us with the cage.

"I understand, that truly is practical to lock his Hakujudai away."
I say before taking the golden cage and trying to reach for the green floating orb but it swiftly avoided my hand.

"Hanako move them in there, why don't you~"
I taunted further, his face had become a dark red by now and his expression was tense.

Reluctantly he moved the Hakujudai and I closed the cage before quickly tying a bow on top of the hanger.

Cotton sighed as it lowered its blade and slid down from his clothes
"I'll be taking this for now~"

"H-hey! You can't take that, that is-"
Hanako yelled as Cotton picked up the Kitchen knife

"Rest easy I won't sell it-"
Knowing the Mokke, that was a lie.

"How did it go with Kou and the others?"
I wondered while looking at my buddy to which it replied in a smug tone while crossing its arms.

"Kou has been successfully captured!"

"Good work comrade...what about the others?"
I questioned intrigued when suddenly the noises I subconsciously blurred out faded in.

"Kou?! Where are you?"
Yashiro's voice echoed in the dark room when suddenly a muffled reply could be heard from the other end.

"Ah- I think I found it!"
Akane yelled as suddenly the room lit up in an atmospheric Yellow.

We wear in a theatre room of sorts. The walls were lined with stairs that had seats placed in each line and there were several closets for props and more. But overall it looked abandoned as thick dust settled on each chair and cobwebs hung from the old somehow still working chandelier.

"There you are!"
Yashiro exclaimed as she hurried over to Kou whose mouth had been duck taped, hands tied in front of him with red rope. He was surrounded by three guarding Mokke on the ground around him were theatre props scattered around a red robe, clown costumes, a crown, wolf ears and a choker.

A choker and wolf ears...

Seeing those I took a step back with a small flinch, I still remembered the day vividly. It was a Sunday, the air struck with blazing heat as Kou and Teru got ready for shopping groceries.

I was chilling in Tiara's arms as Teru tolled her to get ready. She protested claiming that if she went outside I would escape. Teru sighed while Kou brought up an Idea
"You can borrow the dog leash from the neighbours! With that, you can take it with you for a little walk. I'm sure it's going to like it."

Oh how wrong he was, what in all worlds made him think treating a Mokke like a pet would make me Happy? My protests were ignored perhaps not even heard as Tiara already had rushed to borrow the leash and before I knew it, I was being dragged behind her, a collar around my neck.

Everyone stared at me, maybe it was because they only saw a floating leash but for me it was humiliating. I wanted nothing less at that moment than to show him how it felt to be dragged around LIKE A DOG!