Your Missteps Are Catching Up (Chapter 14)

"EHHhhhHh!!! ARE YOU IMPLYING I'M A TSUNDERE?! Because I'm not!"
The Mokke looks at me flabbergasted

I clear my throat and quote
"Ahum, First rule of being a tsundere: deny like your life depends on it."

The little supernatural grew redder as it stuttered desperately trying to protect its pride
"S-speak fo-or youRSeLf!"

"Correction three tsunderes!"
Cotton speaks between snickers

"So you noticed too!"
Minka says with a mildly surprised face while petting Cotton's head before she continued
"I would argue you are very much the same (y/n)~"

"Hmm? Hey! Hey! What are you guys suddenly trying to say?"
I question going into my usual defensive mode

"Whoever hands it out must also be able to take it~"
She cues mysteriously into my ear, her breath warm making my heart jump

"Wh-what are you d-doing back off!"
I screech flinching away from her

"Haha, definitely a tsundere too."
She announces a stupid grin plastered on her face

"Wh- WHAA ? I'm not a tsundere you are!"
I yell annoyed

"Ahaha, denial! You see if you weren't a tsundere you would have just said that your reaction was normal but instead, You~ became allllll flustered and denied. And now let me quote First Rule of being a tsundere: deny like your life depends on it!"
She states her tone precise but playful. Her every move manipulated me into this situation without a misstep.

"You- I see what you did there! You cheater, You-You tricked me into saying that!!"
I accuse pointing my finger at her. But before I could react she grabbed my outstretched arm and scooted close to me, her finger calmly resting on my lips.

"Ah ah ah~ Don't blame your mistakes on me."
She spoke, her words seeming simple but felt heavy as they dug into my stomach to rest there.

Minka backed off and the bell rang turning our heads towards the door.

Bubble finally arrived. Slowly it limped into the room putting me in an instant state of distress.

"What the hell happened?"
Cotton worried as we rushed over to the poor thing

"...nothing, I'm fine whatever!"
It sniffled face fixed on the floor in a desperate attempt to hide its tears.

My stomach sank as the unusual situation took control of my mind. To see something so carefree day for day, ready to start trouble and make stupid jokes, destroyed on the ground.

"Bubble we understand you are tough, believe me talking to us won't make that go away."
I say carefully scoping it up as Minka instructed me to put it down on the dark red sofa in the far left corner of the room. It was a big sofa filled with cushions, as I climbed up on it I sank into a deep darkness surrounded by fluff.

"WahhHhh!"
A scream escapes my throat as I drowned deeper in the cushions pressing Bubble firmly against my chest. Suddenly a firm hand gripped my arm and pulled me up.

"Phew, that almost went wrong."
Minka says as suddenly the sofa adjusted making me not be able to sink too deep into it.

"Everything here is weird!"
I state quickly as I laid Bubble down on the sofa and Minka pulled at a string tangling in the air. Orange light lit up above our heads tinting everything with a golden cosy shine.

Bubble was littered with dark blue bleeding into purple bruises. It's eyes were puffy with a red circle, it must have been crying for a long time. However, the red couldn't outshine its dark bags, making it obvious that it hadn't slept well in a long time.