Judgment Is Pending (Chapter 41)

I couldn't process it yet, it felt unreal and out of nowhere this victory.

I couldn't fathom a straight thought as despite all the adrenalin that had rushed through me today I was starting to feel feverish and tired.

Exhausted I went on running and jumping through boundaries till I found Cotton's little hideout.

Sooner or later it would return here, find me and tell the others. We could finally regroup. Bur for now all I wanted was to find the nearest free space, which happened to be a sofa and collapse on it.

The aching of my tired limbs faded as my eyes closed and I snored the hours away.
---

I felt dizzy as murmurs growing into loud debates interrupted my rest.

"I still rather have us do what we want, we were kicked around for so long, I deserve to let the supernaturals who did this to me suffer. Shutting all other shops except those owned by Mokke down would be a fair punishment. "
A squeaky voice which I recognized as Cottons argued.

I turned around on the sofa still a little sleepy. But despite that something was amiss.

"After all this you'd still be fine punishing innocent ghosts?"
Ink asked disgusted

"Cotton, even (y/n) has accepted that not everyone is bad, together we'll pass judgment to those who deserve it and the innocent we'll leave alone.
Bubble chimed in.

"Tch whatever, I guess...there goes my Monopoly. "
The fluffy Mokke grumbled punching a wall in defeat.

"...stop just trying to take advantage of this situation."
Ink pointed out in a disappointed but not surprised tone.

"It's business~"
The Mokke shrugged and I got up from the couch with a jolt.

"Where is it?"
I wonder realizing the Katana wasn't on my back.

"(Y/n)!!! TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!!"
Bubble cheered jumping up the couch so I could pet it but instead, I crammed through the pillows frantically.

"Uh calm down, it's right there. We made sure Cotton didn't just sell it."
Ink said while pointing to the ground where the bundle laid making me sigh in relief as I picked it up.

"Ay! I'm not that much of a douche!"
Cotton barks back making an amused Bubble chirp
"So you admit that you are one~"

This didn't sit well with the fluffy Mokke as it turned around annoyed to face the other.

"AhHhHhh! INk sAvE MeEEee!!!!"
The little troublemaker screeched as Cotton chased after it.

Their shenanigans faded out as I inspected the sharp item I had taken.

"I won?"
I tasted the words my muscles relaxing and stress washing away as I leaned back comfortably.

I closed my eyes letting my head rest as I took in a deep breath and let it go again.

A loose feeling of satisfaction for the first time in a long time settled in me.

Slowly a smile tugged at my face and I gave in, grinning like an idiot as ecstasy shot through me.

"I can't believe it!"
I exclaimed exited opening my eyes again to look at the shabby ceiling.

This grabbed the other's attention their mood boosted immediately.
"WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!!!"
Bubble squealed and even the dark purple Mokke looked energetic.

"This calls for a celebration!"
Cotton shouted taking out a glass bottle of grape juice from it's fur.

"Is that??"
I asked, noticing the red seal the Candy-Bar used.