Chapter 1.3

Dedicated to gowri9

Part 3 of 3

Her mother left the room as soon as she was packed. “I am going to pack a food basket for your journey.” She said as she left the room.

Nidhi looked at the bag and then at her room. She was leaving with only that and she was leaving everything else behind. Tears fell down onto her cheeks and she didn’t hide them. She took her phone and left a message on wattpad to tell her friends she was going on a trip and wouldn’t be able to talk for a while.

For the next ten minutes messages came through on wattpad from her friends wishing her the best of luck for her trip. They said that they would miss her. She switched her phone off and placed it in her drawer. Nidhi picked up her bag and looked at her room once more before she stepped out of it and closed the door. The stranger was standing in the hallway waiting for her to follow him.

She found her mother in the kitchen packing a few things into a travel basket. “How long will I be gone mother and will you visit me?”

Her mother stood with her hands on the table not looking at her. “We don’t know how long you would be gone and we won’t be able to visit you. Where you are going we can’t follow.” She wiped a few tears from her eyes and closed the basket. “I made all your favorites.” Her mother handed her the basket and gave her a hug. “Be good and do what he tells you okay?”

What hurt most was what her mother didn’t say. No I love you or I will miss you? “Tell father and my brothers I say goodbye.”

She nodded and the stranger walked to the door and with the look he gave Nidhi she knew he wanted her to follow.

Nidhi walked out of the door and turned just for a few seconds to look at her mother, she was standing by the table with her back to the door and Nidhi turned away and didn’t see her mother collapsing to the floor and crying as she had never cried before.