Chapter 5.3

Dedication to TanviSharan.  Thanks for the beautiful covers and she also made the cover for this book.  Please check out her books http://www.wattpad.com/story/5516986-naina and http://www.wattpad.com/story/6063032-panch-tavtva-five-kids-five-elements-one-enemy. 

Part 3 of 5

It was dark our and Nidhi needed fresh air. She slipped out her room and down the stairs. She secretly hoped that she would catch a glimpse of the tiger. Nidhi got to one of the side doors and opened it as quiet as possible. She tip toed out through the door and across the porch to the back gate on the other side of the beautiful garden. She ran across the lawn as soon as she was on the grass.

Nidhi found herself panting a minute later in darkness. She walked slowly towards the area where the bushes got thicker. She just knew that he will be there waiting for her and when she heard a growl; she knew it was him; the tiger came to see her.

She saw him standing there in an open patch and the moon shined down on him. Nidhi moved closer but with caution. She saw his golden eyes and it looked like he was smiling. The tiger took two steps closer to Nidhi and she stuck out her hand in his direction. They took their next step together and one more step from Nidhi and her hand was between his ears on top of his head.

She stood there for a few more minutes just watching him while he was watching her. “Why do I feel like I know you?” Nidhi said and sat down on the ground. The tiger sat down too and she moved her fingers into his fur. “I feel like you and I share something. I have never thought that I would trust a tiger or be friends with a one.”

The tiger rested his head on Nidhi’s lap. She didn’t realise what she had just said to the tiger and for him everything was changing. The two of them sat there for a few hours and Nidhi didn’t realise this until she heard people calling her name.

“You have to hide; if they find you here with me they might hurt you. Pleas run tiger.” Nidhi pleaded but the tiger didn’t move. “I will miss you too, but you need to go.” She stood up and started to walk back the way she came. She saw lights approaching and turned back to the tiger but he was gone. “Bye.” She walked towards the lights and when she saw Arii and Arii saw her, she could see the disappointment in her expression.