Chapter 3.3

Dedicated to xTiger_lilyx

Part 3 of 5

Nidhi looked at the room and the people who stood around. “This is just so wonderful.”

“You are the guest of honor and the celebration can’t start until you have taken your seat. So I think you should do that now, they are all waiting for you.” Arii pointed to the table right in the centre of the dining circle and Nidhi walked between the two rows of pillars past the tables to the one Arii had pointed out to her and took her seat next to Ruh and Arii sat down next to Nidhi.

Women dressed in bright colors came through the door where Nidhi had just walked through swaying their hips. It sounded like they had bells or something somewhere on their bodies and the sound was beautiful. The women moved as on and when all of them were inside the music started and the dancers descended the steps till they were all in the circle.

The music stopped again and the dance started with the women making swirly movements with their hands. The music started out softly and as the dance progressed the music got louder and more alive. The sound of drums filled the air and minutes later the dance came to an end with all the dancers standing with their left foot forward in a pointed toe, the other foot flat on the floor but a little bit further back and their hands one on top of the other with their cheeks resting on their hands.

Nidhi jumped up and started clapping and everyone not part of the musicians and dancers joint in and seconds’ later music started up again and the dancers danced again. Nidhi sat down and watched the dancers and listened to the music.

Young men joint the women on the dance floor and the dance changed. She looked at Arii. “Why have the dance changed?” Nidhi asked.

“The first dance was just for you and now they are going to dance but they will be telling a story with the dance. I will tell you the story while they dance it.” Arii said and Nidhi felt the excitement of the room and when she looked at the people sitting around the room she could see their excitement.

Nidhi watched the dancers as they started their dance and she was in awe. She heard about dancers acting out stories but she had never had the pleasure of experiencing it firsthand.