Chapter 7.3

More Nidhi and stranger time.  Who is this beautiful stranger and what is his plans?

Part 3 of 7

Nidhi was now sitting on a chair in the beautifully decorated parlour of Arii’s father’s house.  The handsome stranger had gone into another room with Arii and her father so they could talk about what had happened.  Nidhi was restless and wanted to know what he was telling them.  She could see through the small opening of the door that he was still dressed in the clothes that didn’t fit him. 

Nidhi saw them coming back into the parlour and Arii looked worried.  “Looks like our friend here saved the day once again.”  Arii said as she was trying to hide her concern.  “He has to leave again even though my father had invited him to stay here for the night.” 

“Can’t we repay him in some way, maybe decent fitting clothes and shoes?”  Nidhi asked and when she looked at him he sort of looked embarrass but that was not Nidhi’s intention to make him feel that.  “I am sorry, I did not mean to offend you, it is just that you ...”  Nidhi decided to shut her mouth before she embarrasses him even more. 

“I agree with you about the clothes Nidhi.  I will go see what we have in the store and while I do that he is going to help you to your room.  I will be up just as soon as I found him proper clothes to wear as a thank you gift.  Then it is you and me.  Do you know how worried we had all been?”  Arii said on her way out of the door and Nidhi knew she would get a scolding.

The beautiful stranger picked her up from the chair she was sitting in and once again carried her bridal style, this time up the stairs and into her room.  Once inside he placed her on her bed and hovered by her side.  Nidhi wanted to say something but she didn’t know what.  “Thank you again for everything.”  That was all Nidhi could think of to say. 

He nodded to her and for the second time since she saw him the first time he gave her the most beautiful smile that Nidhi have ever seen. 

“Will I see you again some time?”  She knew it was inappropriate to ask a man a question like that.  Her father would probably tell her what a disappointment she is now if he should hear her.  “I am sorry, I shouldn’t have asked.”  Nidhi said but he just nodded even though Nidhi didn’t know if it was a yes to her first question or her second question. 

Arii burst into the room with a paper wrapped package.  “O you are still here?”  She looked surprised to see him still in Nidhi’s room.  “I have brought you this.  It is clothes and shoes and some bread and cheese and something to drink.”  Arii held it out to him and he took it.

Nidhi watched him and she got the feeling that something was wrong but pushed it out of her mind.  He nodded to them both and with a pained face ran from the room and seconds later Nidhi heard the door close as he left the house.  A minute later Nidhi heard a loud raw far away in the woods, but when she looked at Arii she knew that Arii didn’t hear it.  How was that possible? 

Nidhi wanted to see the tiger but she knew that would not be possible now.  Arii would not let her out of her sight and even if she did allow her to go outside she was still stiff and sore from the running she did. 

Arii and Arii’s sister had helped her to the bath and when she was done they helped her to dress and get into bed.  Nidhi wasn’t hungry she was just tired and Arii didn’t get a chance to scold Nidhi about what had happened.  As soon as Nidhi was tucked in, she fell into a peaceful slumber and she dreamt that she was once again sleeping with her fingers in the tiger’s fur and she was safe.