Chapter 2.1

Hi all.  So thanks for the votes and comments and most of all for reading.  If you are i silent reader please change that.  If you read it please comment even if you dont want to vote, i am really nervouse about this story and i would love your feedback on this.  I know nothing of india and what life as an indian girl is like. I know what my friends tell me but that is it.  I dont want to step on anyones toes and i know i dont know much but people have rights and women are human beings and they have rights too no matter what culture or religion.  I know i might lose readers over this but that is how i feel.  Sorry.

Dedicated to my friend Talita.  She is the only Afrikaans speaking friend i have on wattpad and such a drama queen.

Enjoy reading and please comment and if you like vote follow and share. 

Part 1 of 5 :)

Nidhi and the stranger had been traveling for two days using different means of transport. They slept in another stranger’s home the first night and last two nights they slept on a train while traveling through the night. Like the night before he showed her where to sleep and stood outside the door. He didn’t sleep not even once. The train ride was fun but she was also very tired from the constant traveling. She didn’t know how far they still had to go because her travel companion didn’t talk to her.

She woke up just as the sun was rising and she saw that they were still rolling on the tracks and it didn’t look like the train was slowing down anytime soon. She looked at the compartment she stayed in and she was still an awe of the beauty of the compartment and the comfort in which she was traveling. She went into the bathroom joint to her compartment to freshen up. When she came out she saw the stranger in the door and he motioned to her to follow him.

She followed him from the one train cart to another and another until they finally arrived in the dining cart. The stranger sat down at a table and when the waiter arrived he showed him on the menu what he wanted and when the waiter looked at Nidhi to get her order she still hadn’t decide, she chose a random dish and the waiter left. The dining cart looked elegant and she couldn’t believe that the stranger had bought them first class tickets.

Minutes later the waiter came back with their food and they ate in silence. Nidhi has always been a loner and didn’t talk much but not speaking at all was getting to her so she decided to talk to the stranger even though he wouldn’t talk back.

“So I really like traveling by train, especially one as nice as this.” She looked at him to see if he would say anything back but he didn’t. “This train is really beautiful and stylish. It doesn’t look like anything I have traveled in before.” He didn’t respond so Nidhi let her thoughts wander to the first time she travelled by train.

She had accompanied her parents and brothers to visit her uncle on her father’s side. The train was packed and like always it was really hot out and the stuffy sweaty air was revolting. Nidhi remembered that she was relieved when they had arrived at their destination. She took so many breaths to clear her lungs.

After they ate they sat there for a while longer and when sitting and doing nothing but stare out of the window became so boring that Nidhi could rip her hair from her head. The stranger got up and motioned once again for her to follow him. She did but couldn’t help but wonder how he knew that she wanted to leave.