Chapter 2.2

Dedicated to BasicGirl

Part 2 of 5

They were on the train for another night and the next morning after breakfast the stranger put their bags by the door and Nidhi knew that they were getting off soon.  She looked out of the window but all she could see was trees and more trees, there were no sign of human life anywhere.

An hour later the train came to a stop and they took their bags and Nidhi followed the stranger off the train and she saw that they were the only ones who got off.  She didn’t see a station, just a platform and a small booth that she guessed was for ticket sales.  They walked to the left of the booth and she saw an auto rickshaw with no occupants.  Her traveling companion the stranger walked towards it and motioned for her to get in and with no trouble he started it up and the drove off.

They stopped a few hours later in a small village and Nidhi was happy to stretch her legs.  Two woman dressed in traditional saree’s came over and gave them food and water.  The food was traditional and very tasty.  Nidhi almost licked the plate clean that is how good it was.  The woman stood with them the whole time but never said a word.  She heard them talking before but even though she greeted them and thanked them for the food, they never said anything to her, they just smiled and nodded.  Things were very strange.

After their meal she was shown to a room that didn’t fit in the small village.  It was a comfortable size with a bed and a table with a mirror the usual things but what was most surprising, it had a bathroom.  It was so beautiful and had all the luxuries of home.  She decided to freshen up and take a nap.  She left the bathroom to fetch her bag so she could get her clothes and bath products but when she walked through the door one of the woman from before had already placed clothes on the small table for her and set her bath soaps out.  She saw that her other clothes was on the floor. 

She picked up the outfit and saw what they gave her to wear.  “Seriously, I don’t even wear this at home!”  She cried out.